Tonight I cooked..........

The current mrs_mush has returned, normal service resumes

Tricolour salad
20190615_185143_resized.jpg

Chicken thighs, broad beans in mustard sauce
20190615_192107_resized.jpg

Apple and BlackBerry crumble
20190615_200943_resized.jpg

At work we have Kuerig machines, and I use Twinings English Breakfast tea K cups which is pretty good.
WTF! Boil the kettle! Unless you clean that Kuerig after every pod, there's traces of coffee in your tea.
Clothears is right, tea needs boiling water, coffee requires very hot but not boiling as it scolds the coffee and makes it taste bitter, so a coffee machine won't make good tea as the water isn't boiling and it'll have coffee in it.

Last edited:
Clothears is right, tea need boiling water, coffee requires very hot but not boiling as it scolds the coffee and makes it taste bitter, so a coffee machine won't make good tea as the water isn't boiling and it'll have coffee in it.
Probably true, but I'm mot to worried about it in the morning and it tastes fine to me. Kuerigs are great for a quick easy hot drink but I'm sure true coffee and tea aficionados wouldn't have one.

The perfect fathers day pressie
20190616_100425_resized.jpg

Lamb shank, spring onion mash
20190616_181637_resized.jpg

Bought a large round sourdough loaf this afternoon, so decided that Porky Whites chipolatas with Colman's mustard & brown sauce would make nice change.

Cheese & pickle sandwiches to be scoffed later.

DSCN3669.JPG

3 day cottage pie. Made the mince stew on Friday and by the time I'd finished cooking it had eaten sandwiches and couldn't be bothered to finish it. Put in the fridge covered with tin foil.

Saturday was going to finish it but went to the pub in the afternoon and was too pissed to cook. Mopped up the excess sauce with bread as a snack.

filling.jpg

Today, made the mash and was bored enough to break out the ricer. Realised I'd forgotten to buy more cheddar and the shops were shut so I used some slightly moody gorgonzola instead. Should have made more mash though, the covering was a bit iffy.

cooked.jpg

Served with baby trees and ginger parsnips. Not to boast but it was bloody delicious.
pieplate.jpg