Tonight I cooked..........

Nothing surpasses, fish and chips with cheese and a grand dollop of curry sauce.
Deep fried babies head and chips with cheese and curry/gravy surpasses fish any day.
Anything that smells like Dianne Abbott's cludge on a sunny day is not going to be eaten by me.

Another adventurous meal - steak pie, beans and Jersey Royals. There would have been carrots but they went all manky so I binned them.

View attachment 392903
That's good usage of available plate area that its.
Proper desktop background material too.

Keep an eye on the veg orientation though...try to aim for Mag North. Get them dressed off a bit better next time.

Might be nicking that.

Last edited:
Inch thick ribeye steak with chips, mixed veg, fried onions and mushrooms and a blue cheese sauce.

20190512_202907-549x513.jpg

20190512_204527-756x605.jpg

20190512_204751-756x1008.jpg

Note to @Northern_Biff the steak is still breathing, as it should be.

It's back to the dodgy looking brown stuff again. Lidl mini bratwurst, mushrooms and onions with carrots.

dodgybrown.jpg

The only downside of the sossies is that once cooked they are just the right size to eat in one mouthful. There were a few more I was planning on saving but I got a bit peckish while cooking the other stuff. Might explain why I felt full after 3/4s of the plated stuff.

To be fair to your Mrs, gravy wouldn't go too well with salmon.
We could always try using a bit of off-white Hollandaise.
hollandaise.png

That's good usage of available plate area that its.
Proper desktop background material too.

Keep an eye on the veg orientation though...try to aim for Mag North. Get them dressed off a bit better next time.

Might be nicking that.
Time to f*ck with your head :)

If you were serving say 6 people around a circular table, with the place settings obviously 60
degrees apart, and you aligned the veg with mag north as you say, they would each be 60
degrees out compared with the adjacent setting. Even a rectangular or square table, they’d be 90 out.

You could always align them relative to the middle of the table, and then they’d be even and look normal. But it wouldn’t be mag North, unless one was at the magnetic North Pole. That however is somewhere in the Arctic Ocean, possibly a tad wet (and cold).

Time to f*ck with your head :)

If you were serving say 6 people around a circular table, with the place settings obviously 60
degrees apart, and you aligned the veg with mag north as you say, they would each be 60
degrees out compared with the adjacent setting. Even a rectangular or square table, they’d be 90 out.

You could always align them relative to the middle of the table, and then they’d be even and look normal. But it wouldn’t be mag North, unless one was at the magnetic North Pole. That however is somewhere in the Arctic Ocean, possibly a tad wet (and cold).
Er...what declination are you suggesting applying for said hypothetical situation though?

On a more important note- sent mrs out with shopping list and she came back with many packs of these:

They any good for you cos that's all we could find!
2019-05-14 23.22.08.jpg

It's rather irrelevent whether you like them really because... you're bloody having them now anyway!!!

2019-05-14 23.29.22.jpg
2019-05-14 23.29.22.jpg

Er...what declination are you suggesting applying for said hypothetical situation though?

On a more important note- sent mrs out with shopping list and she came back with many packs of these:

They any good for you cos that's all we could find! View attachment 393103
Cheers, them’s perfect!

PS. I ordered some plates yesterday. But on a business trip at present. ZUJ :)

Cheers, them’s perfect!

PS. I ordered some plates yesterday. But on a business trip at present. ZUJ :)
The plates will be judged accordingly by all right-thinking people on here.

Compliant with the various guises of 3.14149 I trust?

Help needed. As a member of Gods chosen service (RN) I wasn’t exposed to the delights of currywurst until working in the Farterland last year. I brought back a bottle of the curry sauce but sadly it’s now finished. Living in deepest Devon I don’t have access to any niche Delis, so can anyone suggest a mainstream shop where I can get the curry sauce? Cheers in advance.

Help needed. As a member of Gods chosen service (RN) I wasn’t exposed to the delights of currywurst until working in the Farterland last year. I brought back a bottle of the curry sauce but sadly it’s now finished. Living in deepest Devon I don’t have access to any niche Delis, so can anyone suggest a mainstream shop where I can get the curry sauce? Cheers in advance.
Buy a bottle of tomato sauce empty into a pan add 2 to 3 tea spoons of medium curry powder heat and stir then transfer back to the bottle.