Tonight I cooked..........

I don't know where it originated as I've always known it as Lebanese aubergine. However.

Quarter an aubergine length ways and remove the bit of stalk.
Salt generously and leave to drain in a colander for about an hour
Wash off the salt and pat dry
Cook each cut side for about 15 mins on a low heat using a griddle pan or heavy frying pan, then cook the skin side down for 15 mins leaving the cut sides upwards.
Make the marinade: 1 chopped red chilli, 1" of chopped ginger, 2 finely chopped cloves of garlic, small handful of chopped coriander, 4 tablespoons of soy sauce.
When the aubergines are soft and cooked, turn off the heat but leave them in the pan, spoon the marinade over the cut surface of the aubergines and leave to cool in the pan.

These can now be served immediately or chilled for later and brought to warm up in a low oven
Chinese do something similar but with a drop of sweet vinegar. Very tasty but quite rich.

IMG_20190423_183140.jpg

bit fuzzy picture

was supposed to be tuna pasta bake, but when he got to the tuna cupboard it was bare... so it was mac and cheese with cauli/broc and anchoves on top

was really nice

You sure you're not a veggie?
Admittedly I have been a bit suspect recently. Behold, steak and ale pie (with leftover veg curry). Unconventional but it worked surprisingly well.

currypie.jpg

Paging @supermatelot for empty plate abuse (despite the fact the curry pile was almost as tall as the pie and I am now stuffed).

Admittedly I have been a bit suspect recently. Behold, steak and ale pie (with leftover veg curry). Unconventional but it worked surprisingly well.

View attachment 389247

Paging @supermatelot for empty plate abuse (despite the fact the curry pile was almost as tall as the pie and I am now stuffed).
Hmm..tricky one this. I suppose under the rules, technically, it's acceptable but - given the viscosity of the curry and thus able to be "stacked high", I'd have personally utilised the available extra space by having some chips with it too.

View attachment 389247

Finally some protein in your cooking.

I just made the words greatest bacon cheeseburger using the magic ingredient of wafer thin fried crispy pepperoni which gives it an intense spicy bacon taste.

toasted ciabatta roll
Extra mature cheddar
Raw onion
Slice of beefsteak tomato
burger sauce
fried pepperoni crisps

No need to thank me, the Nobel prize will be enough.

I just made the words greatest bacon cheeseburger using the magic ingredient of wafer thin fried crispy pepperoni which gives it an intense spicy bacon taste.

toasted ciabatta roll
Extra mature cheddar
Raw onion
Slice of beefsteak tomato
burger sauce
fried pepperoni crisps

No need to thank me, the Nobel prize will be enough.
I'm sure Terry Christian and Mark Lamarr will be chuffed to NAAFI breaks.

'Fraid not, they were Waitrose baby frozen broad beans, but although they still had the skins on they were very tender and tasted great.
Ironically they were probably “fresher” than fresh ones in season.

Probably less than 3 hours old when they came out of your freezer.

View attachment 389247

If you were properly twee you'd put the pie on top of the curry and a tiny splash of tomato ketchup on the empty side, then draw a flower with it using a toothpick.

Try not to burn it...

Got a mince and potato curry on the go right now. Will shove into some vetkoek I made this morning.

facebook users might want to have a look at the Yank site "cooking panda"

tonights meal was Greek lemon and oregano hasselback chicken

slice the chicken as you would potatos for Hassleback spuds rub them down first with a mix of olive oil, lemon juice and garlic and oregano , then fill the sliced chicken with corgette slices, tomato slices and red onion slices ... lots of slots lots of slices cover with torn up mozzarella and feta cheese sprinkled with more oregano

IMG_20190424_182156.jpg
IMG_20190424_182839.jpg

with sweet potato fries and oven roasted vegies ( what's left of the corgette onion garlic tomatoes and slices of chestnut mushrooms

didn't look bonny, but was absolutely delicious, although the cheese seemed to leave a lot of thin milky liquid which when strained ,was full of cheese

facebook users might want to have a look at the Yank site "cooking panda"

tonights meal was Greek lemon and oregano hasselback chicken

slice the chicken as you would potatos for Hassleback spuds rub them down first with a mix of olive oil, lemon juice and garlic and oregano , then fill the sliced chicken with corgette slices, tomato slices and red onion slices ... lots of slots lots of slices cover with torn up mozzarella and feta cheese sprinkled with more oregano

View attachment 389361 View attachment 389362

with sweet potato fries and oven roasted vegies ( what's left of the corgette onion garlic tomatoes and slices of chestnut mushrooms

didn't look bonny, but was absolutely delicious, although the cheese seemed to leave a lot of thin milky liquid which when strained ,was full of cheese
You need to sort out the lens on your camera or see a doctor about your Parkinsons.

The last in the veg curry trilogy (I may have underestimated how much curry a whole cauliflower would produce). Using veg curry as a combined mash, greens and gravy substitute. Acceptable but it felt a bit wrong not having gravy.

currysausage.jpg