Tonight I cooked..........

Medium rare rump steak, mash, cabbage and sauteed parsnip, brown stuff and Colmans..

IMG_20190410_171123.jpg

Hot smoked salmon salad

20190419_192228_resized.jpg

Lounge picnic tonight, no cooking
20190420_201610_resized.jpg

I have put some food together that doesn't look like a dog's been sick on a plate. Just half of it.

vegcurrybhaji.jpg

Veg curry with (shop bought) onion bhajis. The beans needed a bit more cooking but otherwise very tasty.

Now then, due to the easter weekend, the resup report went awol and so replen went somewhat awry.
So muggins 'ere was left with not a lot in the larder ( actually not a lot I could be arrsed with tbh )
So upon discovering a packet of uncles bens 2 minute Mexican rice, an onion, a steam bag of mixed vege, frozen prawns and a jar of chilli and garlic paste, I thought ersatz nasi goreng.
So, grab a wok or deep fry pan, stick Mex rice in micro, chop up onion and fry until soft then add chilli paste and prawns, rice and carry on frying, turning the rice over and over. Kick off steam bag of veggies in the micro. Add veggies when microwave pings and finally a dash of soy and fish sauce for that authentic Singapore monsoon drain smell. Wash down with a tiger or in my case a cheap lager. You can substitute curry paste for chilli and garlic.
Not quite nasi goreng, but it gone done quick and tasted allright.

A 6lb leg of lamb with roast potatoes and 3 different vegetables. With a nice Chianti but no fava beans.

We were so hungry that it was eaten rather than photographed.

A 6lb leg of lamb with roast potatoes and 3 different vegetables. With a nice Chianti but no fava beans.

We were so hungry that it was eaten rather than photographed.
I'm glad you said "we", for a moment there I was thinking you fat fucker.

Last edited:
Had no time to do anything interesting with much toing & froing to see Mum in hospital (45 miles away), though I did make a batch of beef curry & another of snake & pygmy last night but that all got portioned out & lobbed in the freezer, so I had an early dinner of steak mince in gravy with skin on mash & steamed broccoli (2 more lots of mince in the freezer too).

View attachment 388585
It's quick & tasty which is all I'm arrsed about ATM.

I reckon I could live for a month or more off all the frozen stuff I've made lately WRT evening meals (might have to at this rate).
Funny thing, I don't I actually ever had mince by itself - from what I remember. Always mixed with something/ shaped into something etc. but never by its own.

I am ashamed to admit that I am quite fond of a Fray Bentos S&K pie like wot I just scoffed.

IMG_20190418_171220.jpg

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I am ashamed to admit that I am quite fond of a Fray Bentos S&K pie like wot I just scoffed.

View attachment 388959
Possibly the lowest meat content in the pie world. And mostly meat hosed off a dead cows bones and reconstructed with copious use of chemicals.

But phenomenally addictive. That looks lush. I don’t care if @mush_dad despises me. (Having said they are addictive I haven’t had one for 40 years - must resist, must resist).

I’m like my cat. I tried feeding her on decent cat food (fit for, but not recommended for, humans) which is 85% animal protein. But she turned her nose up at it and likes sh1t stuff with about 4% meat/fish.

Both FB pies and sh1t cat food are full of crack.