Tonight I cooked..........

Machine
Outdated
Useless
Lead
Donkey?
Sounds about right. There was all that gear in a rack in my classroom at Blandford. Never worked on it myself, but the civvy who I shared it with ran the MOULD courses. These MOULD Insertion Vehicles (MIVs) were apparently standard FFR Land Rovers, but painted civvy colours. Can't hide a 12 metre Clark mast though :)

Harissa chicken thighs with roast Mediterranean veg

20190327_183010_resized.jpg

Harissa chicken thighs with roast Mediterranean veg

View attachment 384952
I have a jar of the same mustard. If I were a French company looking to sell food products into English-speaking markets, I'd probably try and come up with a better name than "Poupon" :)

Tastes alright, but dolloping "Poupon" on my food seems perverse :)

No picture, couldn't be arsed, so you'll just have to use your imagination....

Cook some pasta (I used fusili), drain and set to one side. Thinly slice chorizo and dry fry until the oil is released. Add diced gammon and after a few minutes, sliced mushrooms. Stir to ensure all is well coated in the chorizo oil. Add a carton of passata and a teaspoon each of oregano and basil and black pepper. Let simmer for a few minutes then add some grated parmesan to taste. Add the pasta and mix well then transfer to a casserole dish. Top with a mixture of parmesan and cheddar (1:3 ratio) and put in the oven (gas mark 6) for about 20 minutes, until the cheese is melted.

Enjoy.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer