Tonight I cooked..........

Aldi are doing curry spice/sauce jars and they are 85p ! I was sceptical but they are as 95% as good as a takeaway ! Cool your meat or prawns etc and remove , a couple of onions and peppers in the pan , fry the spices into them , add the sauce and give it five minutes and its done .
I was so surprised but then i realised thats exactly how its made in a takeaway anyway - meat precooked , the veg ofr the dish fried off with the specific spices for the dish and then a sauce added .

For 85p i am pretty amazed as im guessing a version anywhere else would be £2.50 if not £4 in Waitrose.
I second your opinion, I had their Kashmiri Bhuna last night, did it with lamb. Few hours on low in the oven and it was lovely, sorry no pics.

A baked spud with corned beef a-la-compo:
IMG_5437.jpg

Another one influenced by @Porkbrain 's recommendation for the baked risotto.
I thought I would give it a go and got some arborio rice in, together with some funky mushrooms, chicken, prawns and some chorizo 'style' slimming world sausage.
Just ate it and when I'd finished, realised I had left out the parmesan cheese.
Still, very nice and Mrs Biff liked it too.
dish 2.JPG

dish 1.JPG

dish 3.JPG

Great idea, just as good as a stove top risotto without all the arrse ache of stirring.

Found an old pack of sun dried tomatoes that needed using up.

Goats cheese and sun dried tomato quiche

20190322_173030_resized.jpg
20190322_175830_resized.jpg
20190322_180236_resized.jpg

With salady stuff

Thank you for your interest in the position of current mrs_mush

Unfortunately there are no vacancies at this time for the current mrs_mush position. I will keep your resume on file, subject to GPDR access permissions, and will contact you in the future should such a position become available.

Yours Sincerely

Mush_dad
How about at least friends with "benefits?" :)

I've just finished vac packing my latest batch of home made bacon & as usual, shoved the nub ends under the grill for a spot of QC.
The ends are always a tad salty but U can state this is my best effort yet.

As for tonight's meal, it was another version of a fish dish I've done before.
Looks kinda brown but tastes great & contains six portions of the "five a day" one is supposed to eat. It's also low carb.
Gently sautéed onion, courgette & garlic, to which is added a half portion of cooked brown rice, six chopped cherry tomatoes, smoked paprika, mace, coarse black pepper, thyme, half a small can of anchovies and about 30 capers.
When softened, add a good slosh of lemon juice & half a glass of white wine (reserving the rest of the bottle to drink with the meal...), then cover with sliced aubergine, place fish on top, add more halved cherry tomatoes & into the oven at 160°C (fan) for 40 minutes. Done this way, the aubergine doesn't end up the usual soggy mess it tends to become.
DSC_2680 (2).jpg

DSC_2682 (2).jpg

Deviled mushrooms on sourdough toast for breakfast

20190323_093002_resized.jpg

The other half of my tin of corned beef. Prepped much earlier as i would be 'flying':

it was pretty good.

IMG_5429.jpg