Tonight I cooked..........

Its a ramen bowl, so large you can stick your head in it, which is exactly what the Japanese do when slurping noodles.
//thread drift
The best Ramen I ever had was at this tiny tiny place in Tokyo near Shinjuku - called Fuunji (from what I recall). Bloody amazing! Took only cash, which I didn't know, so left my phone as collateral while I grabbed some cash a block away. There was a line even before it opened - I only found it by accident, close to where my AirBnB was stumbling around hungover.

My own photo:

IMG_0522.jpg

//end of thread drift

//thread drift
The best Ramen I ever had was at this tiny tiny place in Tokyo near Shinjuku - called Fuunji (from what I recall). Bloody amazing! Took only cash, which I didn't know, so left my phone as collateral while I grabbed some cash a block away. There was a line even before it opened - I only found it by accident, close to where my AirBnB was stumbling around hungover.

My own photo:

View attachment 382574
//end of thread drift
You’re a Brit now. It’s a queue.

Well I am both - so use them both interchangeably now! ;)
I used the word "glazing" yesterday, referring to windows inset in a garage door: "I like the one with the glazing in the top panel". Wife & M-I-L looked at me in bewilderment. Apparently "glass" or "windows" would have been fine, but "glazing" not. I've only been in the US 14 years. Still a NIG, it seems :)

I used the word "glazing" yesterday, referring to windows inset in a garage door: "I like the one with the glazing in the top panel". Wife & M-I-L looked at me in bewilderment. Apparently "glass" or "windows" would have been fine, but "glazing" not. I've only been in the US 14 years. Still a NIG, it seems :)
Hmmmmmmm, it seems I'm out of touch with the vernacular

Urban Dictionary: Glazing

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Hmmmmmmm, it seems I'm out of touch with the vernacular

Urban Dictionary: Glazing
Maybe that explains the look of bewilderment :)
TBH, I'd be more bewildered that the MiL had heard of the phrase!

TBH, I'd be more bewildered that the MiL had heard of the phrase!
Indeed, however, I won't be asking for confirmation of what she thought I meant. Not going there, just in case she was indeed aware of the vernacular. The thought horrifies me :)

Indeed, however, I won't be asking for confirmation of what she thought I meant. Not going there, just in case she was indeed aware of the vernacular. The thought horrifies me :)
You never know

Yesterday was Mustard and horseradish skinny lamb chops with steamed spuds, leek and carrots.
To-day was spice crusted chicken leg and chips.

IMG_20190314_165537063.jpg
IMG_20190313_170643.jpg

Mutton hotpot with kidney

20190315_180318_resized.jpg

20190315_180755_resized.jpg