Tonight I cooked..........

Its a ramen bowl, so large you can stick your head in it, which is exactly what the Japanese do when slurping noodles.
Careful, you'll set Sixty off again with his amusing rants about Oriental types.

Cornflour is also gluten free.
It is but it doesn't give the elasticity - without it GF pastry and bread drop to pieces pdq.

Its a ramen bowl, so large you can stick your head in it, which is exactly what the Japanese do when slurping noodles.
//thread drift
The best Ramen I ever had was at this tiny tiny place in Tokyo near Shinjuku - called Fuunji (from what I recall). Bloody amazing! Took only cash, which I didn't know, so left my phone as collateral while I grabbed some cash a block away. There was a line even before it opened - I only found it by accident, close to where my AirBnB was stumbling around hungover.

My own photo:

IMG_0522.jpg

//end of thread drift

//thread drift
The best Ramen I ever had was at this tiny tiny place in Tokyo near Shinjuku - called Fuunji (from what I recall). Bloody amazing! Took only cash, which I didn't know, so left my phone as collateral while I grabbed some cash a block away. There was a line even before it opened - I only found it by accident, close to where my AirBnB was stumbling around hungover.

My own photo:

View attachment 382574
//end of thread drift
You’re a Brit now. It’s a queue.

Well I am both - so use them both interchangeably now! ;)
I used the word "glazing" yesterday, referring to windows inset in a garage door: "I like the one with the glazing in the top panel". Wife & M-I-L looked at me in bewilderment. Apparently "glass" or "windows" would have been fine, but "glazing" not. I've only been in the US 14 years. Still a NIG, it seems :)

I used the word "glazing" yesterday, referring to windows inset in a garage door: "I like the one with the glazing in the top panel". Wife & M-I-L looked at me in bewilderment. Apparently "glass" or "windows" would have been fine, but "glazing" not. I've only been in the US 14 years. Still a NIG, it seems :)
Hmmmmmmm, it seems I'm out of touch with the vernacular

Urban Dictionary: Glazing

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Hmmmmmmm, it seems I'm out of touch with the vernacular

Urban Dictionary: Glazing
Maybe that explains the look of bewilderment :)
TBH, I'd be more bewildered that the MiL had heard of the phrase!

Indeed, however, I won't be asking for confirmation of what she thought I meant. Not going there, just in case she was indeed aware of the vernacular. The thought horrifies me :)
You never know

Yesterday was Mustard and horseradish skinny lamb chops with steamed spuds, leek and carrots.
To-day was spice crusted chicken leg and chips.

IMG_20190314_165537063.jpg
IMG_20190313_170643.jpg

Latest Threads