Tonight I cooked..........

Sausages and roast veg, dressed with Nando's finest
20190313_183503_resized.jpg

Get sommat to eat then. How you've survived in big bad world is a fookin miracle.
Indeed my friend, indeed. I contemplate myself that sometimes! As we call it, dumb luck!

Sausages and roast veg, dressed with Nando's finest
View attachment 382378
I don't think I ever had sausages with Nando's sauce before - should try it out sometime. Looks delish anyways, and good choice of beer. Doom Bar used to be one of the few "room temp-ish" UK beers I actually liked.

A few days ago the oh did a chilli con carne as she often does. (I didn't cook it, so it wasn't posted here) She usually adds various spices and some peri peri and it's pretty decent. Anyway, it tasted fine if a little hot and I said "Used a bit more peri peri or crushed chilli than usual haven't you?" "I tried a different one to peri peri" she said. About 30 seconds had passed after the first mouthful by now..."Christ, WTF did you use" says I in a sort of squeaky voice. "This," she croaked after fetching it.

View attachment 381602
I buy the chilis from Spice Island in Stratford, there's one in Borough Market. They also do a v hot reaper sauce.

Chicken and mushroom noodle soup, chinese spiced, left over from chicken earlier in the week.
The darkness appears to have leached from the chinese mushrooms but it's just how i like it, a proper rib sticker.
If you are looking for an alternative to cornflour for thickening, I can wholly recommend 'xanthan gum' but don't use anywhere near as much volume as cornflour.

View attachment 381659
For anyone looking for xanthan gum, go to the gluten free section of your supermarket. It's "meh" but does add a wee bit of elasticity...

Cheers PB.
Your recipe has given me an idea for a similar dish as I can't do deep or shallow fry proper round bhajis. I wonder how it would work following your recipe but squashing 'em flat ala rosti, only onion bhaji.
I'll give it a go and post the result.
You can bake em fine, can't beat fried but if you must. Baked Onion Bhajis

Let them cook quite a lot in a pan and then drop them in the mix, leave for 20 and grip to get shape, bake.

Tonight it was Cauli Brock and macaroni, with grated nutmeg over everything,in a light cheese sauce and mackerel pate

(tried the cauli in cheese sauce at Flunch in Citi De Europ a couple of days ago , (had a little with my Mussels and chips and it had a slight taste of nutmeg about it)... so tried it myself .... different taste altogether, but very nice

celebrating the fact, after 5 weeks on the piss in the Motorhome , over eating and welll over drinking , I actually lost 2 kgs....wife lost a load of weight as well, probably due to a lack of chocolate biscuits