Tonight I cooked..........

Either that's a small plate or you eat twice as much pasta as I do... :razz:

Oh & the fruit pie I made tonight is lush. Filling is 50/50 my own stewed then frozen plums & a can of raspberry & apple pie filling with a "use by" date of February 2001...

View attachment 382023 View attachment 382024

Not bad at all for stuff that was canned in the last millennium.
Found it at the back of a cupboard when clearing out my old mate's house. Everything else back there had et through its own tin (it's also where I found the pressurised tin of cheese possessed...).
Et half the fruit pie.

Ent dead.

:mrgreen:

White onion soup, garnished with crispy fried shallots, seasoned with faux caviar

20190312_183305_resized.jpg

Tonight, I didn't cook...

If you are looking for a good channel for inspiration, check out this Japanese guy:
ジャストミートあたる

He is a janitor/chef for dormitory in Japan and he cooks for a dozen people all the time. Plus his family, of which he has about a dozen kids himself. Randy Jap bastard. Anyway. He gives lots of very simple tips and ideas (not in Engrish I'm afraid). I've cooked some of the best food of my life after watching his channel. It's soul food, it's not fussy. You'll learn a thing or two. He's a really good father. He works very hard. His family eat like kings every day.

I'm up for my third pizza in a row tonight. Going to try not to fall asleep in a drunken haze and burn the bastard (again) - I would post pics, but you know... The oven turns itself off so no risk of greater injury or death. Sometimes the food is still edible in the morning. That is a good day...

You guys actually make home made sauces - full props for that. It's such an alien concept to me - just like a lot of cooking really, apart from barbies and a few other things.
Tartare sauce......All I do is chuck in a couple of spoons of mayo, about two tsp of chopped capers, bit of black pepper and salt. Job jobbed, it's not alchemy! However you guys crack on making squeezy cheese, yes I know it's not really cheese per se...... But when I am leathered it's manna from the gods!

Whats in the bleedin' fridge soup for brunch.

Sliced shallots and julienne of soggy carrot & bendy celery gently fried in butter with a torn up slice of stale bread & some chopped chunks of liver pate in chicken stock.

Looks crap, tasted great.

DSCN3255.JPG

Tartare sauce......All I do is chuck in a couple of spoons of mayo, about two tsp of chopped capers, bit of black pepper and salt. Job jobbed, it's not alchemy! However you guys crack on making squeezy cheese, yes I know it's not really cheese per se...... But when I am leathered it's manna from the gods!
Try adding some gherkins and a bit of lemon juice. Makes all the difference.

Tonight, I didn't cook...

If you are looking for a good channel for inspiration, check out this Japanese guy:
ジャストミートあたる

He is a janitor/chef for dormitory in Japan and he cooks for a dozen people all the time. Plus his family, of which he has about a dozen kids himself. Randy Jap bastard. Anyway. He gives lots of very simple tips and ideas (not in Engrish I'm afraid). I've cooked some of the best food of my life after watching his channel. It's soul food, it's not fussy. You'll learn a thing or two. He's a really good father. He works very hard. His family eat like kings every day.

I'm up for my third pizza in a row tonight. Going to try not to fall asleep in a drunken haze and burn the bastard (again) - I would post pics, but you know... The oven turns itself off so no risk of greater injury or death. Sometimes the food is still edible in the morning. That is a good day...
Just watching that is making me hungry!