Tonight I cooked..........

Looks really good. How much did the side of salmon cost (roughly)? I'm starting to cook more fish and still get the feeling I'm paying quite a lot for not much fish.
Tesco's, about 14 english pounds.

edit
There's enough left for a pasta bake, again for four.

Last edited:
FFS don't let the English teacher see how you mis-spelled broccoli :wink:
Thank you, I am a crap speller.
No. 2 son and his betrothed, both primary school teachers, staying for the week. :boogie::boogie:

We have told them, if they split up, we are keeping her he can bugger off out of it.

edit

Last edited:
In a follow up and a salute to @mush_dad 's informative guide on Pasta and Clams, I give you the definitive guide on.............
Hot Chicken Flavour Ramen noodles.........with "Cheese!"

jfjhf.jpg

Firstly carefully fill a jug with 500ml of water, place carefully measured amount in a saucepan.
fghf.jpg

In the saucepan place your noodles, you may need to break them in two if you picked the wrong pan like I did.
Bring to a rolling boil then simmer for one cigarette time wise.
hdfh.jpg

Drain most of the liquid off then add what will further be known as "chickeny fire essence" and return to pan, stir for another minute or so.
sdd.jpg

Take off the heat and add in the "cheese" powder.
dfs.jpg

Stir and enjoy the strangest taste of the orient. Seriously you can taste chicken....just. It is about furnace heat on a spice level but a weird cheese flavour.
RM verdict: Definitely different! If you find them in your local oriental store try them, you will be disappointed!!
sfsf.jpg

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
And here we are, sossij and paster stew!

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
. . . . . Ta-Daah:
Recipes (recipes)​
He has a YouTube channel, I note - you can learn a lot from YouTube

I heard him on radio a year or two back: said his personal favourite was a Lamb Nihari.

So I made it - and at first was slightly underwhelmed. Then I started trying it with a splash of lime pickle, or mango chutterney . . . . ver' fine indeed :)
The sort of slap dash and improvised (and using ready made paste) curry I made a week ago wasn't too bad - but needs to be improved. Thanks for the info.

In a follow up and a salute to @mush_dad 's informative guide on Pasta and Clams, I give you the definitive guide on.............
Hot Chicken Flavour Ramen noodles.........with "Cheese!"

View attachment 379078

Firstly carefully fill a jug with 500ml of water, place carefully measured amount in a saucepan.
View attachment 379079

In the saucepan place your noodles, you may need to break them in two if you picked the wrong pan like I did.
Bring to a rolling boil then simmer for one cigarette time wise.
View attachment 379080

Drain most of the liquid off then add what will further be known as "chickeny fire essence" and return to pan, stir for another minute or so.
View attachment 379081

Take off the heat and add in the "cheese" powder.
View attachment 379082

Stir and enjoy the strangest taste of the orient. Seriously you can taste chicken....just. It is about furnace heat on a spice level but a weird cheese flavour.
RM verdict: Definitely different! If you find them in your local oriental store try them, you will be disappointed!!
View attachment 379083
Makes a pot noodle sound positively serfis/sofisstik/soaphisti. . . .

. . . posh :-D

Last edited:
Makes a pot noodle sound positively serfis/sofisstik/soaphisti. . . .

. . . posh :-D

Posh indeed, they should have been 89 of Her Majesty's New Pence, however I just ask the lovely lady shopkeeper to get me a tenners worth totally random. I have had allsorts in the past, squid, shark, wasabi.
Seriously go into one of those shops and see how many varieties. It makes that dark o clock pi55ed up kitchen roulette so much more fun!!!

Maybe a bigger pic would've made us appreciate it better?
Ah, you do know what the word 'pic' means. How about you bother to display some of your efforts yourself? Although perhaps that's below your sort.

I'm reminded of an entry in a tome I owned in the '70s, by the impressive title of The Drunk's Cookbook

The recipe in question was "Everything you can find in the kitchen, bunged in a pan and fried until it's black"

I did it once with a brand new Bermann & Benz pan, a beauty to behold. In comes drunk RM thinking, yeah got some new potatoes in fridge, loads of butter. Delicious.
Move on an hour with Mrs RM beating me awake, even with smoke alarm going off...... a wonderful "tempered" pan (lovely colours!:-D) and half a dozen perfect charcoal briquettes in the bottom!
Ever since I avoid that sofa like the plague when I get in from a sesh.