Tonight I cooked..........

In a follow up and a salute to @mush_dad 's informative guide on Pasta and Clams, I give you the definitive guide on.............
Hot Chicken Flavour Ramen noodles.........with "Cheese!"

View attachment 379078

Firstly carefully fill a jug with 500ml of water, place carefully measured amount in a saucepan.
View attachment 379079

In the saucepan place your noodles, you may need to break them in two if you picked the wrong pan like I did.
Bring to a rolling boil then simmer for one cigarette time wise.
View attachment 379080

Drain most of the liquid off then add what will further be known as "chickeny fire essence" and return to pan, stir for another minute or so.
View attachment 379081

Take off the heat and add in the "cheese" powder.
View attachment 379082

Stir and enjoy the strangest taste of the orient. Seriously you can taste chicken....just. It is about furnace heat on a spice level but a weird cheese flavour.
RM verdict: Definitely different! If you find them in your local oriental store try them, you will be disappointed!!
View attachment 379083
Makes a pot noodle sound positively serfis/sofisstik/soaphisti. . . .

. . . posh :-D

Last edited:
Makes a pot noodle sound positively serfis/sofisstik/soaphisti. . . .

. . . posh :-D

Posh indeed, they should have been 89 of Her Majesty's New Pence, however I just ask the lovely lady shopkeeper to get me a tenners worth totally random. I have had allsorts in the past, squid, shark, wasabi.
Seriously go into one of those shops and see how many varieties. It makes that dark o clock pi55ed up kitchen roulette so much more fun!!!

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Maybe a bigger pic would've made us appreciate it better?
Ah, you do know what the word 'pic' means. How about you bother to display some of your efforts yourself? Although perhaps that's below your sort.

It makes that dark o clock pi55ed up kitchen roulette so much more fun!!!
I'm reminded of an entry in a tome I owned in the '70s, by the impressive title of The Drunk's Cookbook

The recipe in question was "Everything you can find in the kitchen, bunged in a pan and fried until it's black"

Pan fried lamb chops with deglaze and mint sauce.

IMG_20190212_172358640.jpg

I'm reminded of an entry in a tome I owned in the '70s, by the impressive title of The Drunk's Cookbook

The recipe in question was "Everything you can find in the kitchen, bunged in a pan and fried until it's black"

I did it once with a brand new Bermann & Benz pan, a beauty to behold. In comes drunk RM thinking, yeah got some new potatoes in fridge, loads of butter. Delicious.
Move on an hour with Mrs RM beating me awake, even with smoke alarm going off...... a wonderful "tempered" pan (lovely colours!:-D) and half a dozen perfect charcoal briquettes in the bottom!
Ever since I avoid that sofa like the plague when I get in from a sesh.

I did it once with a brand new Bermann & Benz pan, a beauty to behold. In comes drunk RM thinking, yeah got some new potatoes in fridge, loads of butter. Delicious.
Move on an hour with Mrs RM beating me awake, even with smoke alarm going off...... a wonderful "tempered" pan (lovely colours!:-D) and half a dozen perfect charcoal briquettes in the bottom!
Ever since I avoid that sofa like the plague when I get in from a sesh.
Chef!! :-D

Used up some more of the chicken tonight & had another go with the pasta shapes maker on the Kenwood.
Against official advice, I froze some of the pasta base mix from the other day & defrosted it to see if it came out OK.
Pasta in the raw. his time with the fusilli die in place:

DSC_2606 (2).jpg

Turned out pretty well, though I think the mix was a tad dry in places, which is why most of it didn't have a tighter spiral.

Why does mushroom sauce has to be mushroom coloured? (shaddap @Kirkz)
DSC_2609 (2).jpg

I love it but browny-grey isn't the most appetising visual introduction...

Sautéed the 'shrooms in unsalted butter, then added cornflour/milk mix & kept stirring to make the sauce, added fenugreek leaves, oregano & mace, followed by the chopped up, cooked chicken.
The rough edges on the pasta (deliberate use of bronze for making the dies as nothing else does this) held the sauce really well & I hardly had to lick the plate at all.

Washed down with a couple of glasses of 2017 Christophe et Fils Chablis (worth double what it costs).

I've got a tad bored of mash (heresy, I know) so used mushrooms as an alternative. Could have done with a proper sauce but a touch of brown sauce worked well enough. I keep forgetting how much mushrooms shrink as well, could have easily had another couple in there.

nonbrown.jpg

I've got a tad bored of mash (heresy, I know) so used mushrooms as an alternative. Could have done with a proper sauce but a touch of brown sauce worked well enough. I keep forgetting how much mushrooms shrink as well, could have easily had another couple in there.

View attachment 379223
Much healthier than mash too - low in carbs.
These days, my steaks are accompanied by grilled or fried 'shrooms & salad.
All part of building the new, slimmer me. :mrgreen:

I have a recipe somewhere for “drunkards soup” from Normandy. It basically involves the loving cooking of onion, bay and herbs in butter with Normandy cider. But as a drunkard, you can neck the cider. And make the broth, to be eaten with bread. Or more cider.
I will never find the recipe, search for “soupe d’vrouarde” or something like that.

Used up some more of the chicken tonight & had another go with the pasta shapes maker on the Kenwood.
Against official advice, I froze some of the pasta base mix from the other day & defrosted it to see if it came out OK.
Pasta in the raw. his time with the fusilli die in place:

View attachment 379213

Turned out pretty well, though I think the mix was a tad dry in places, which is why most of it didn't have a tighter spiral.

Why does mushroom sauce has to be mushroom coloured? (shaddap @Kirkz)
View attachment 379214
I love it but browny-grey isn't the most appetising visual introduction...

Sautéed the 'shrooms in unsalted butter, then added cornflour/milk mix & kept stirring to make the sauce, added fenugreek leaves, oregano & mace, followed by the chopped up, cooked chicken.
The rough edges on the pasta (deliberate use of bronze for making the dies as nothing else does this) held the sauce really well & I hardly had to lick the plate at all.

Washed down with a couple of glasses of 2017 Christophe et Fils Chablis (worth double what it costs).
Sounds ace. Re: colour - isn’t that why sprinkles of basil/parsley are liberally added in restaurants?

I hardly had to lick the plate at all.
Plate licking?

You clearly didn't go to my wife's boarding skule.

Where, it would seem, her generation of burgeoning adolescents were sustained by an institutional diet both mediocre and meagre, but with table manners strictly enforced (plate licking probably a cat'o'nine tails offence)

As a consequence, she learned to strip meat from the bone, and every last trace of food from the plate (to an extent that might challenge ye Old Bill's forensics teams) with an efficiency to which I (raised on free skule meals until age 12) have never even got close.

Kirkz

LE
Burger, chips,onion rings and battered mushrooms.

20190222_210214-756x616.jpg

Latest Threads