Tonight I cooked..........

swordfish.JPG

I decided to freelance.
Seared swordfish loin(£2.25, half price, end date today), chilli and garlic seasoning on a bed of brown rice (75p), broccoli, diced butternut squash and sweet potato(50p, end date bargain packet) .

Last edited:
View attachment 378612
I decided to freelance.
Seared swordfish loin(£2.25), chilli and garlic seasoning on a bed of brown rice (75p), broccoli, diced butternut squash and sweet potato(50p, end date bargain packet) .
Looks tasty. Not criticising but was it not a bit dry without a sauce?

Einstein could not calculate the size of fcuk I do not give as to whether you believe me or not.
It was my tea and I enjoyed it.
Tea? prandium ad vesperam, my good fellow, meat looked nice

Cheers, Tosh.
I'll try some of them with some other fish, I'm leaning towards flaking it into a spicy, rice stir up on a bed of broccoli (also picked that up from the bargain bin)
Any arrsers that haven't had Swordfish before, it's a very meaty, dense fish.
I'd recommend giving it a go.
Bit late to the party here seeing as how you have scoffed it, but hey ho.

If I get salmon, tuna or swordfish I usually just fry it. Non stick pan, ten pee size drop of sunflower oil and similar with sesame oil. Fry. Serve with salad and new spuds/potato salad.

The sesame oil gives it a lovely nutty taste but is not overpowering.

I had chicken in a restaurant the other night and told the waiter is was rubbery. He was chuffed, cheeky Chinese fecker.
Bernard Manning's just called, he wants his joke back

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Every curry I make looks like someone else already ate it (although most of my meals have that general trend).

Chop onion, garlic and chillies, fry in pan. Any whole spices should apparently be dry fried first, I just add the powdered spices with the veg. Wait until nearly cooked, add chicken, wait until chicken is definitely cooked (otherwise the god of runny poo shall visit your ******** the next evening), then scoff.

Insert weird veg / tomatoes as and when needed. Greek yoghurt works well for thickening and adding dairy flavour without being horrendously rich.

No idea on poppadoms or samosas, the brownmaster is apparently the expert. Oh, add some baked beans just for Sixty, you know you want to.
If memory serves, @redshift was asking before Christmas about learning to cook a decent curry. I made a mental note to post a link to a very decent website on the subject, run by a 'Mur'can expat living in UK.
Hopefully, I will remember to action that mental note when I get home tonight.