Tonight I cooked..........

Camper van meatballs in home made sauce......fortunately cooked outside on the little gas ring

As it was bubbling away it splattered tomato sauce all over the side of the van

Took ages to get it off , now the van needs washed as there is a big clean patch on a grubby van side........BOLLOX!!!!!!!!

Meatballs and spag were excellent though

Just cracked a beer and about to roast a chicken. Even the ceramic cow butter dish approves :)

View attachment 378495
Just curious. Did the chicken come like that from the butcher/shop? I.e with the remains of the neck in place, or is it one you've dressed yourself.

Yesterday was spicy blackened chicken leg with avocado salad.

IMG_20190215_172241979.jpg

Picked up some fresh half price swordfish steaks this afternoon but I haven't got a scooby what to serve them with. I looked online but nothing appeals.
I've had them before, usually pan fried served on rice/couscous with lots of seasoning.
Any suggestions for a light fat and sugar free recipe??

Kirkz

LE
Picked up some fresh half price swordfish steaks this afternoon but I haven't got a scooby what to serve them with. I looked online but nothing appeals.
I've had them before, usually pan fried served on rice/couscous with lots of seasoning.
Any suggestions for a light fat and sugar free recipe??
Try here.

Just curious. Did the chicken come like that from the butcher/shop? I.e with the remains of the neck in place, or is it one you've dressed yourself.
Came like that. It does look a bit long; usually there's some vestige of the neck, but a bit shorter than that. Most packaged whole chickens come with the rest of the neck and the giblets in a bag, but the real cheap ones at Costco don't. This one was from Aldi.

swordfish.JPG

I decided to freelance.
Seared swordfish loin(£2.25, half price, end date today), chilli and garlic seasoning on a bed of brown rice (75p), broccoli, diced butternut squash and sweet potato(50p, end date bargain packet) .

Last edited:
View attachment 378612
I decided to freelance.
Seared swordfish loin(£2.25), chilli and garlic seasoning on a bed of brown rice (75p), broccoli, diced butternut squash and sweet potato(50p, end date bargain packet) .
Looks tasty. Not criticising but was it not a bit dry without a sauce?

Kirkz

LE
Pork chop, chips and battered mushrooms.

20190219_202504-605x525.jpg

Einstein could not calculate the size of fcuk I do not give as to whether you believe me or not.
It was my tea and I enjoyed it.
Tea? prandium ad vesperam, my good fellow, meat looked nice

Cheers, Tosh.
I'll try some of them with some other fish, I'm leaning towards flaking it into a spicy, rice stir up on a bed of broccoli (also picked that up from the bargain bin)
Any arrsers that haven't had Swordfish before, it's a very meaty, dense fish.
I'd recommend giving it a go.
Bit late to the party here seeing as how you have scoffed it, but hey ho.

If I get salmon, tuna or swordfish I usually just fry it. Non stick pan, ten pee size drop of sunflower oil and similar with sesame oil. Fry. Serve with salad and new spuds/potato salad.

The sesame oil gives it a lovely nutty taste but is not overpowering.

Latest Threads