Tonight I cooked..........

Just cracked a beer and about to roast a chicken. Even the ceramic cow butter dish approves :)

IMG_7005.jpg

"When it's brown it's done. When it's black it's buggered".

That looks well buggered round the edges. :razz:

PS Burnt toast is carcinogenic.
That's a shame, I actually like a bit of proper charring on my toast, provided it's not absolutely fubarred.

Indeed, but in order to get the shedload of cheddar to melt the edges had to be sacrificed.

And no, I didn't eat the burnt bits, but scoffed the cheese and tomatoes.
Cheat. Nuke first to cook the tom's & melt the cheese then grill to get the bubbly brown top without burning the underlying toast.

Roast chicken dinner, new(ish!) spuds, asparagus, beans, cauliflower, stuffing, gravy, and parmesan garlic mushroom sauce on the veg.

IMG_3730.jpg

Brekker:

Two slices of toast with thick slices of home made curried brawn on top. Shedloads of curry and heat. Nuke for three minutes to melt the brawn into a rich gravy, fried egg on each and scoff.

Mmmmgood...!

greyfergie

MIA
Book Reviewer
Brekker:

Two slices of toast with thick slices of home made curried brawn on top. Shedloads of curry and heat. Nuke for three minutes to melt the brawn into a rich gravy, fried egg on each and scoff.

Mmmmgood...!
Good luck trying to get me to eat that!

I think some of your recipes would hospitalise me!

Camper van meatballs in home made sauce......fortunately cooked outside on the little gas ring

As it was bubbling away it splattered tomato sauce all over the side of the van

Took ages to get it off , now the van needs washed as there is a big clean patch on a grubby van side........BOLLOX!!!!!!!!

Meatballs and spag were excellent though

Just cracked a beer and about to roast a chicken. Even the ceramic cow butter dish approves :)

View attachment 378495
Just curious. Did the chicken come like that from the butcher/shop? I.e with the remains of the neck in place, or is it one you've dressed yourself.

Yesterday was spicy blackened chicken leg with avocado salad.

IMG_20190215_172241979.jpg

Picked up some fresh half price swordfish steaks this afternoon but I haven't got a scooby what to serve them with. I looked online but nothing appeals.
I've had them before, usually pan fried served on rice/couscous with lots of seasoning.
Any suggestions for a light fat and sugar free recipe??

Picked up some fresh half price swordfish steaks this afternoon but I haven't got a scooby what to serve them with. I looked online but nothing appeals.
I've had them before, usually pan fried served on rice/couscous with lots of seasoning.
Any suggestions for a light fat and sugar free recipe??
Try here.

Just curious. Did the chicken come like that from the butcher/shop? I.e with the remains of the neck in place, or is it one you've dressed yourself.
Came like that. It does look a bit long; usually there's some vestige of the neck, but a bit shorter than that. Most packaged whole chickens come with the rest of the neck and the giblets in a bag, but the real cheap ones at Costco don't. This one was from Aldi.