Tonight I cooked..........

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
C95E5796-0326-4DF9-8ADE-BE711A159A3B.jpeg
Parmesan biscuits.

I’ve just had a look at the prices. Bugger that as they say up North and elsewhere if you have any sense. Cheers.
I just use ordinary strong flour, the bacteria in the starter DGAF. I do sometimes use spelt and I do expect to pay more for it.

Tonight's efforts

Crab on remoulade on slaw
20190209_185915_resized.jpg

Confit duck leg, carrot mousse, puy lentils, chimmichurri sauce.
20190209_193341_resized.jpg

Rhubarb cheesecake, chilli and lime syrup.
20190209_201642_resized.jpg

23CB2DA0-79D3-4274-9CF0-EAEC0DEE2B7C.jpeg

Spatchcock chicken with chorizo, potatoes, green beans and peas.

Chicken thighs Schnitzels (cheated ones; I've used crushed cornflakes instead of breadcrumbs as I've forgotten to get them off the shop) with barley cooked with a bit of beetroot and garlic; together with some sweetcorn and pickled gherkins. All of it covered in a mushroom sauce.

Chicken thighs Schnitzels (cheated ones; I've used crushed cornflakes instead of breadcrumbs as I've forgotten to get them off the shop) with barley cooked with a bit of beetroot and garlic; together with some sweetcorn and pickled gherkins. All of it covered in a mushroom sauce.

That barley just looks wrong.

haha, it's a Kaszotto (a world play, which I find funny, of word Kasza /milled barley/ and risotto) that you can get in every Polish shop in the UK. it cost a quid or so. While it looks... intensive it's also bloody (pardon the pun) tasty
Not a fan of risotto, it's just savoury rice pudding.
Doubt I'll be eating it, ever.
I do use pearl barley in soups and stews though.

Had a long service award dinner at the Park Hall hotel today so tonight's meal was something quick, simple and classic.
20190210_204143-718x567.jpg

Fish fingers, chips and beans.

Point of good practice. The fish fingers should be in a sandwich. The chips ditto. Beans (preferably curried) as a side dish. Washed down with an ale of your choice.
The fish fingers did go into two butties, the rest just got scoffed.
Point of order - don't tell me how to eat my scoff!

Latest Threads