Tonight I cooked..........

Chicken thighs Schnitzels (cheated ones; I've used crushed cornflakes instead of breadcrumbs as I've forgotten to get them off the shop) with barley cooked with a bit of beetroot and garlic; together with some sweetcorn and pickled gherkins. All of it covered in a mushroom sauce.

Kirkz

LE
Chicken thighs Schnitzels (cheated ones; I've used crushed cornflakes instead of breadcrumbs as I've forgotten to get them off the shop) with barley cooked with a bit of beetroot and garlic; together with some sweetcorn and pickled gherkins. All of it covered in a mushroom sauce.

That barley just looks wrong.

Kirkz

LE
haha, it's a Kaszotto (a world play, which I find funny, of word Kasza /milled barley/ and risotto) that you can get in every Polish shop in the UK. it cost a quid or so. While it looks... intensive it's also bloody (pardon the pun) tasty
Not a fan of risotto, it's just savoury rice pudding.
Doubt I'll be eating it, ever.
I do use pearl barley in soups and stews though.

A cheat tonight, Waitrose beer battered haddock with mushy peas.

The batter was excellent but the haddock was only average, still, it was a bodge.

DSCN3061.JPG

Kirkz

LE
Had a long service award dinner at the Park Hall hotel today so tonight's meal was something quick, simple and classic.
20190210_204143-718x567.jpg

Fish fingers, chips and beans.

gorillaguts981

War Hero
Point of good practice. The fish fingers should be in a sandwich. The chips ditto. Beans (preferably curried) as a side dish. Washed down with an ale of your choice.

Kirkz

LE
Point of good practice. The fish fingers should be in a sandwich. The chips ditto. Beans (preferably curried) as a side dish. Washed down with an ale of your choice.
The fish fingers did go into two butties, the rest just got scoffed.
Point of order - don't tell me how to eat my scoff!

A two and six postal order stolen?
A case Superintendent Lockhart

Last edited:

Latest Threads