Tonight I cooked..........

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Cooling down, sampled one and they are very nice indeed.
A link. No photos as it won’t upload. I didn’t have cayenne so used hot paprika, to be honest I couldn’t taste it so I wouldn’t buy it it specially for this recipe.

Parmesan biscuits

There used to be a pizza place in Lumley Rd, Leeds who did a "Jeff's Special" pizza with chopped Spam on top. He bought catering tins of Spam, used a plastic tube to punch out "cores" that were then sliced like salami for the "posh" pizzas & the remains were cubed for use on the special, which actually had more meat.

Mrs.B&B gone off again to shout at foreign folk, only for a day/night.
Last night, my first go on our new panini grill;

IMG_1208 tea.JPG

Couple of slices of black pudding, with a nice Lancashire cheese on top, with oven chips
and one glass of Rioja.

I’ve started to make bread. The past two weeks have seen this household eat nothing but the home made stuff and I haven’t used a bread maker either.
I make a loaf every other day so tomorrow I will take some pictures and hopefully down load them on here.(I’ve had problems doing that recently) which is annoying.

I’ve made white and whole meal, but I have a question, has anyone made a sourdough starter? I’ve read about this but I’ve noted that to start it off it recommends organic strong flour, living where I do I haven’t got a Waitrose within a hundred miles and can I find organic strong flour? No.
I’m also wondering if any one on here has used it and is it distinctively different from using dried yeast?
The author says it’s fantastic but it seams a lot of messing around so who better to ask than the great cooks and bakers on this world renowned site.:slow:
Yes, I've made breads with starters before. As you say, it's an elongated process. It does however work very well. Also used it for lightly-textured buns. Again, involves a bit more faffing about and planning ahead. A couple times I've ended up throwing it out because when I thought I'd have the time to bake the actual loaf, something else came up and I no longer had the time.

As for the flour, can you not order it from Amazon (or any other on-line order/delivery service)?

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Yes, I've made breads with starters before. As you say, it's an elongated process. It does however work very well. Also used it for lightly-textured buns. Again, involves a bit more faffing about and planning ahead. A couple times I've ended up throwing it out because when I thought I'd have the time to bake the actual loaf, something else came up and I no longer had the time.

As for the flour, can you not order it from Amazon (or any other on-line order/delivery service)?
Never thought of that as I have never shopped that way for food.
I’ll give it another few trips to the shops and if no joy I may take the plunge.
Thanks for the tip.

Never thought of that as I have never shopped that way for food.
I’ll give it another few trips to the shops and if no joy I may take the plunge.
Thanks for the tip.
You'd be amazed at what Amazon has in their product line ;)

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
"Underneath the mango tree
Me honey and me
Come watch for the moon
Underneath the mango tree
Me honey and me"

View attachment 376580
I know it’s a thread drift but do you remember that film Incredible Voyge where she and some other chaps were shrunk down and injected into some chap?
God she was bloody gorgeous in her day and all natural.
I don’t think she actually bared all either, she just relied on her abundant talent.
:party:

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I know it’s a thread drift but do you remember that film Incredible Voyge where she and some other chaps were shrunk down and injected into some chap?
God she was bloody gorgeous in her day and all natural.
I don’t think she actually bared all either, she just relied on her abundant talent.
:party:
The "she" in Fantastic Voyage was Raquel Welch, not Ursula Andress.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
The "she" in Fantastic Voyage was Raquel Welch, not Ursula Andress.
Feck me, I thought that was Raquel Welch in the picture. Oh feck it they were both, shall we say, and as this is a food thread......... tasty.

I’ve started to make bread. The past two weeks have seen this household eat nothing but the home made stuff and I haven’t used a bread maker either.
I make a loaf every other day so tomorrow I will take some pictures and hopefully down load them on here.(I’ve had problems doing that recently) which is annoying.

I’ve made white and whole meal, but I have a question, has anyone made a sourdough starter? I’ve read about this but I’ve noted that to start it off it recommends organic strong flour, living where I do I haven’t got a Waitrose within a hundred miles and can I find organic strong flour? No.
I’m also wondering if any one on here has used it and is it distinctively different from using dried yeast?
The author says it’s fantastic but it seams a lot of messing around so who better to ask than the great cooks and bakers on this world renowned site.:slow:
Order organic strong flour online from any number of places or from a health food shop but they are more expensive, making a starter is easy lot's of videos on you-tube etc. You can use the excess to make pancakes once you get it going.

How to Make Sourdough Pancakes

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Order organic strong flour online from any number of places or from a health food shop but they are more expensive, making a starter is easy lot's of videos on you-tube etc. You can use the excess to make pancakes once you get it going.

How to Make Sourdough Pancakes
I’ve just had a look at the prices. Bugger that as they say up North and elsewhere if you have any sense. Cheers.

She is back!

My own spicy bolognese sauce;
IMG_1211 food.JPG

And Tesco Garlic Ciabatta Slice;
IMG_1212 breqad.JPG

While watching Cranford.

Edit
Capture ladies.PNG

Last edited:
Last night's efforts, pizza and salad

20190208_181530_resized.jpg

Latest Threads