Tonight I cooked..........

Fancied pork sausages, had them grilled with lima beans and the rest of the hybrid kalettes. Plus a bit of grated garlic and wholegrain mustard.

IMG_20190113_171526379.jpg

How long does it take you?
When I make my curry base batches, same book as @Oddbod , I’ll probably knock out 3-5L. Takes all day. Stinks the house out, cooking out the sauce till the oil rises to the top- skimming off and keeping it....

Stinks the house out. Lasts me months and months though. I separate into multiple small batches of base sauce and experiment from there. There are few things I cannot (almost) “recreate” from our local Indian restaurant now.

sunday supper; spaghetti with mussels and tomatoes

20190113_184349_resized.jpg

I know these are old hat and everyone has one, but it's a new toy for me. I'm looking forward to playing with it in the coming weeks. And I don't me playing in the unbiblical fashion o_O
image.jpeg

I know these are old hat and everyone has one, but it's a new toy for me. I'm looking forward to playing with it in the coming weeks. And I don't me playing in the unbiblical fashion o_O
Just remember the important point - after it's been washed, it can be surprisingly slippery and is probably more robust than your toes.

View attachment 371760
Try fresh garlic, rosemary and sundried tomatoes with a pinch of salt, pinch of sugar and a drop of olive oil once it's a paste. Flavoursome base for Italian tomato sauces.

Sticky chicken on a bed of stir-fried noodles and veg
20190114_210017-800x600.jpg

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Steak and kidney stew with beetroot.
17D576DE-5F2C-4454-B206-2ED5240C419B.jpeg

Tomato, onion and apple chutney. Stank out the house so put slow cooker in garage for the day on low. Lasts forever but after a while it will eat through those red and white Bonne Maman jam jar lids.

Latest Threads