Tonight I cooked..........

Chicken kebabs, goat's cheese stuffed mushrooms, caramelised onion.

20190111_182521_resized.jpg

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Garlic, herb and lemon porchetta.

Honey and parsley roast carrots.

Parmesan potatoes.

Crackling.
6A1CAD97-6EAA-42E9-AD72-8BD8B8D90C3B.jpeg
E88E3047-175B-4335-82E0-19E709A3D137.jpeg
ADDE24D0-20EF-4650-9274-BE7DCE8F3DA8.jpeg

An effect best achieved by laying across the meal two sets of stripes, each at right angles to the other, using squeezy bottles or piping bags, filled with (say) tomato ketchup, mustard, green pesto and Bovril in the desired sequence until the required pattern is complete.

Just a thought. Let me know how you get on with it.

RIP fella

Made a batch of chicken curry using the base mix I knocked up the other day.
Two things stood out from trying some on Wednesday; the recipe doesn't use enough chilli powder, methi or tomato for my tastes & food dye makes a real difference to how the finished curry looks (much more authentic Indian restaurant stylee).

Third thing stands out: The bloody image file is corrupt on the SD card.
1headbang.gif

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Looks great, needs gravy.
There was gravy. It just didn’t look photogenic enough in a glass measuring jug.

My missus broke the gravy boat.

Made a batch of chicken curry using the base mix I knocked up the other day.
Two things stood out from trying some on Wednesday; the recipe doesn't use enough chilli powder, methi or tomato for my tastes & food dye makes a real difference to how the finished curry looks (much more authentic Indian restaurant stylee).

Third thing stands out: The bloody image file is corrupt on the SD card. View attachment 371154
Have you tried making the onion paste, as described in the ‘curry secret’ book? It really does add a certain depth.

Don't do any of those. So from tomorrow will try some supermarket soups. See how they go. Else, maybe make some home made chili. Maybe, if I feel like it. Though, sounds tempting on a cold evening.

Right now, it's a a diet of cheap sandwiches, beer and wine.
Two packets of cup-a-soup, spoon of stock powder, can of all day breakfast (beans, bacon and so on) with some boiling water to mix it all up and reconstitute the soup. Hit with a stick blender and slurp out of a mug. Should serve two portions.

Last edited:

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I stole this recipe off my sister a few years back. It’s a piece of piss and an absolute win.

Boil up some long pasta (cook al dente). Linguine, tagliatelle, spaghetti, whatever.

In another pan mix juice of one lemon, lots of black pepper, butter, crushed garlic, a little milk and a tub of mascarpone.

The mascarpone will melt and make a gorgeous gooey sauce.

Once pasta is done chuck it in the sauce (pasta into the sauce not the other way round).

Mix so the all the pasta gets a good coating.

Take off the heat and add smoked salmon trimmings and mix again.

The salmon will cook a little from the residual heat and impart it’s smokiness into the pasta.

Serve with a slice or two of smoked salmon, basil for garnish, wedge of lemon.

B4E6C807-849D-4698-835E-8F9D9D2063CB.jpeg

Two packets of cup-a-soup, spoon of stock powder, can of all day breakfast (beans, bacon and so on) with some boiling water to mix it all up and reconstitute the soup. Hit with a stick blender and slurp out of a mug. Should serve two portions.
Any particular flavour cup-a-soup?

Whatever makes you happy. It all gets blitzed anyway. Float some chopped bacon and chorizo in it if you like. Slice of sourdough, toasted and topped with cheese floated on the thick soup then shoved under the grill until the cheese bubbles also works.

Latest Threads