Tonight I cooked..........

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Grilled plaice, creamed potatoes, petit pois and carrots.

IMG_20181201_170652188.jpg

Sopocka, cabbage, carrot, swede, crushed baby spuds and gravy.
1k.JPG

Shepherd's pie
20181206_205248_crop_909x756-800x665.jpg

Well, you'd have been disappointed too.

I shall do a comparison with the Aldi equivalent next week.
. . . . aaand 'yer 'tiz:
HotPotTotjpg.jpg

That there in the bottom left corner (c'mon, boys, you can drag your eyes down there, shurely?) is yer £1.89 Aldi lamb hottiepttie(with Tottie) - and indeed it too is made, like its Waitrose namesake, with minced lamb - but has distinctly more gravy and a meatier flavour, so more enjoyable, IMHO.

On a more scientific note, the ingredients shows the meat to represent 22% of the total constituents. I plan to pop into Waitrose over the weekend, and see if they claim the same or better for theirs.

. . . . aaand 'yer 'tiz:
View attachment 365590
That there in the bottom left corner (c'mon, boys, you can drag your eyes down there, shurely?) is yer £1.89 Aldi lamb hottiepttie(with Tottie) - and indeed it too is made, like its Waitrose namesake, with minced lamb - but has distinctly more gravy and a meatier flavour, so more enjoyable, IMHO.

On a more scientific note, the ingredients shows the meat to represent 22% of the total constituents. I plan to pop into Waitrose over the weekend, and see if they claim the same or better for theirs.
Do you eat anything other than TV dinners?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Get it right, it's a laptop dinner, welcome to the 21st century!
Is putting something someone else made up in the oven to warm up actually classed as cooking these days?

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Is putting something someone else made up in the oven to warm up actually classed as cooking these days?
For people like that - yes.

Mind you, with crap like that on the screen nobody would know about the other thread.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Reveille at 0530. Out the door 0700 latest. Back home 1930.

Time available for cooking on a week night, 30 minutes, tops.

So, yes, but not often.
You'd have been impressed with me last night then, sausage casserole in around 30-35 mins. Chop onions, fry off in pan, take a pack of 8 sausages,cut each sausage into 3, brown offin same pan, take sausage casserole mix, add water throw in pan, add a tin of chopped toms and sliced mushrooms, bring to boil, simmer for 20-25 mins, and voila, sausage casserole and it was as brown as you like and full of porky goodness, served on a bed of rice.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Reveille at 0530. Out the door 0700 latest. Back home 1930.

Time available for cooking on a week night, 30 minutes, tops.

So, yes, but not often.
That's still not a reason for shoving such stuff in this thread unless you are making deliberate attempts at being awkward/antagonistic/pathetic in order to annoy other people.

Latest Threads