Tonight I cooked..........

Bit of experimenting tonight. Fresh chicken fried in sesame oil with chilli flakes, smoked paprika and couscous (first time ever, hence the amount).

Once on the plate some bottled Moroccan dressing was added to the chicken and two wholemeal pita breads were also added.

Taste wise: I actually enjoyed it. It was a little spicy but that's not a bad thing. I will add this meal to my new leaner meals I'm attempting.

IMG-20181208-WA0001.jpeg

You are weird. Sweetcorn in pies, pineapple on pizza...christ woman!
You are weird. Sweetcorn in pies, pineapple on pizza...christ woman!

There must be somewhere, somehow to help the lady "The power of christ compels thee", pineapple on pizza is not happening ever ever in this house. I need a lay down, mind you mafia by name....lol Same as you should never trust one arm bandits lol ;)

Last edited:
Yes, A shepherds pie should be made with diced lamb and sliced potato on the top. A cottage pie is with beef mince and mash, often with grated cheese atop.... So in short, yes I know lol, bloody sweetcorn he he
I guess I am a heretic then. Ground beef, sweet corn, onions, grated carrots, Jack Daniels and a splash of Frank's Red Hot sauce. A layer of sautéed mushrooms. Then the mash is potato, parsnips and a little horseradish. Grated cheddar on top. I've been calling it Shepherds Pie for years.

Photo next time

I guess I am a heretic then. Ground beef, sweet corn, onions, grated carrots, Jack Daniels and a splash of Frank's Red Hot sauce. A layer of sautéed mushrooms. Then the mash is potato, parsnips and a little horseradish. Grated cheddar on top. I've been calling it Shepherds Pie for years.

Photo next time

Ground beef, indicates a destination west of here, I have to say the layer of mushrooms sounds good. You use JD for cooking purposes? I will stick to using it for falling down purposes lol....

I love sweetcorn, it's lovely and the only food that looks exactly the same on the way out as in, just does not belong there in the sumptuous pie being it of the cottage or shepherd variety. It just sounds a bit wrong, next fire in some peppers, chilli, garlic, artichoke... But however you like it, so that's fine, just gonna put some pineapple on my pizza.. :-D:-D:-D:-D
FB_IMG_1488386043706.jpg

My butcher minces fillet. He does a lot of catering companies who want certain sizes, so the offcut trimmings get minced.
Mincing is a bit OTT. It's a tender cut so two minutes with a pair of cleavers to roughly chop it, marinade overnight in sherry, Oxo granules and a drop of water, season with plenty of black pepper and a bit of thyme then use it as the filling in pepper steak pies.

[snip]
I detest cucumber but I wouldn't expect you not to have it on your salad.

Also doesn't mean I wouldn't tell you how shite cucumbers are either.
You've told every bugger else here on Arrse, repeatedly.

In fact your cucumiphobia is almost legendary. :razz:

Tonight's efforts

Citrus salad
20181208_190510_resized.jpg

Chicken thigh with sweet wine and grapes
20181208_191921_resized.jpg

Spiced rice pudding
20181208_194714_resized.jpg

Ground beef, indicates a destination west of here, I have to say the layer of mushrooms sounds good. You use JD for cooking purposes? I will stick to using it for falling down purposes lol....
Well I find that when cooking with JD or any kind of alcohol, it requires constant and copious testing to ensure quality control.

JD is really good in potato salad I find..

Latest Threads