Tonight I cooked..........

Port and brandy is always the best combination for filling a glass.
Dear lord, I think after an evening on that mixture I wouldn't have gotten out of bed for a day afterwards.

What ratio?

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Dear lord, I think after an evening on that mixture I wouldn't have gotten out of bed for a day afterwards.

What ratio?
Evens

Reminds me of the 'Dog's Nose' cocktail from Tom Sharpe's Grantchester Grind which (having looked it up again) was 60% gin to 40% beer.

That sounded dangerous too.

Skinless, boned chicken thighs wrapped round some black pudding and then wrapped with bacon, or as I like to call them cnuts on camels. Served with chips and gravy and coleslaw.

20181205_213503-687x528.jpg

Port and brandy is excellent.

For a real drink, albeit one with catastrophic consequences, try brandy and Benedictine.
Port, brandy & champagne in the ratio 20/20/60 for the win.
Took me days to remember who I was. :drunken:

Simple fare tonight: Stewed steak mince in gravy with a couple of bay leaves, nuked broccoli & spinach & boiled baby spuds in their skins.

DSC_2357 (2).jpg

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Port and brandy is always the best combination for filling a glass.
That was my favourite tipple when I drank, especially on a dark cold winters night.
Oh god what with Christmas coming up I'm in a pickle I fancy a drink but at the same I don't. I'm going mad and Brexit isn't helping.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

What ratio?
Until it looks and tastes right. Just pour there are no measurements, taste and add untill you are happy. :1::party:

Skinless, boned chicken thighs wrapped round some black pudding and then wrapped with bacon, or as I like to call them cnuts on camels. Served with chips and gravy and coleslaw.

View attachment 365400
That takes me back to school dinners; Spam fritter, chips, coleslaw and gravy. Surprisingly tasty. Either that or I've got that bad dementia

That takes me back to school dinners; Spam fritter, chips, coleslaw and gravy. Surprisingly tasty. Either that or I've got that bad dementia
I was surprised how good black pudding and coleslaw tasted.

Is that toast the sliced half sourdough from Waitrose Porky?

If not then wozzit?
Tis this.

Sixty said:
You've mentioned that a few times. I'm probably being dim but what do you mean by 'toasting bread'? A thick, 'Texas-toast' type fella or something else?

It is 100% Durum wheat bread imported from Italy which is designed to be toasted and is excellent.

It also freezes well and tastes just as good when defrosted or done in a toaster with a frozen bread setting.

I've only seen it in Waitrose, click on the following link for the details.

Waitrose & Partners

Tis this.

Sixty said:
You've mentioned that a few times. I'm probably being dim but what do you mean by 'toasting bread'? A thick, 'Texas-toast' type fella or something else?

It is 100% Durum wheat bread imported from Italy which is designed to be toasted and is excellent.

It also freezes well and tastes just as good when defrosted or done in a toaster with a frozen bread setting.

I've only seen it in Waitrose, click on the following link for the details.

Waitrose & Partners

Ta.

The sliced pre-packed sourdough half loaf they do is pretty good as well.

Latest Threads