Tonight I cooked..........

Not surprised really, the next time I happen to have a rib of beef to hand I'll be sure to mince it & stuff spuds on top. :-D

(This scenario may well involve Hell freezing over first).
My butcher minces fillet. He does a lot of catering companies who want certain sizes, so the offcut trimmings get minced.

Yeah; neither have sweetcorn in them. :razz:
That's all I said too, being then asked if I knew the difference of cottage pie/shepherds pie.....Am I from the moon? Nope, that's just rudimentary knowledge of being farther North than Blue Boar services. But GM Sweetcorn....seriously? Yes you say you like it, I like langoustine but it won't be appearing in a shepherds/cottage pie soon. However saying that I did just think of a surf and turf version right then...... just thing a creamy mushroom gravy instead of the normal brown? could be a taste sensation.

That's all I said too, being then asked if I knew the difference of cottage pie/shepherds pie.....Am I from the moon? Nope, that's just rudimentary knowledge of being farther North than Blue Boar services. But GM Sweetcorn....seriously? Yes you say you like it, I like langoustine but it won't be appearing in a shepherds/cottage pie soon. However saying that I did just think of a surf and turf version right then...... just thing a creamy mushroom gravy instead of the normal brown? could be a taste sensation.
I put sweetcorn in my shepherds/cottage pie, just because you don't like it doesn't mean we all have to avoid it.
I detest cucumber but I wouldn't expect you not to have it on your salad.

Also doesn't mean I wouldn't tell you how shite cucumbers are either.

I put sweetcorn in my shepherds/cottage pie, just because you don't like it doesn't mean we all have to avoid it.

Salad? Is that even a food suggestion, no calorific value whatsoever and when was the last time a lettuce smiled at you? Meat has personality lol apart from runner beans I cannot think of another veg that goes "shit its plate time"

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Salad? Is that even a food suggestion, no calorific value whatsoever and when was the last time a lettuce smiled at you? Meat has personality lol apart from runner beans I cannot think of another veg that goes "shit its plate time"
I'm not quite sure what your issue is? Do you just not like sweetcorn, or is it just because you don't feel it should be in a shepherd's or cottage pie? Where do you stand on the peas and carrots that were also in it? Are you vegphobic?

"Vegphobic" Going to have to pinch that one from you if that's OK?
8626574ec1a1f5fa87b64f8a2e1858a9.jpg

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm not quite sure what your issue is? Do you just not like sweetcorn, or is it just because you don't feel it should be in a shepherd's or cottage pie? Where do you stand on the peas and carrots that were also in it? Are you vegphobic?

I love sweetcorn, it's lovely and the only food that looks exactly the same on the way out as in, just does not belong there in the sumptuous pie being it of the cottage or shepherd variety. It just sounds a bit wrong, next fire in some peppers, chilli, garlic, artichoke... But however you like it, so that's fine, just gonna put some pineapple on my pizza.. :-D:-D:-D:-D

I love sweetcorn, it's lovely and the only food that looks exactly the same on the way out as in, just does not belong there in the sumptuous pie being it of the cottage or shepherd variety. It just sounds a bit wrong, next fire in some peppers, chilli, garlic, artichoke... But however you like it, so that's fine, just gonna put some pineapple on my pizza.. :-D:-D:-D:-D
Artichoke! Fucking artichoke? If ever a vegetable was a waste of fecking time it's the artichoke.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Artichoke! Fucking artichoke? If ever a vegetable was a waste of fecking time it's the artichoke.
That all depends on whether they are Globe Artichokes, which are a waste of time
1544289902560.png

or Jerusalem Artichokes which can be used like potatoes
1544289978443.png

Don't knock it til you try it! :-D

I like pineapple on pizza, save me a slice!

Cioppino. First tried this in Frisco. Mrs S put it together for our 28th anniversary.

Prawns, crab, mussels, clams, scallops and halibut in a white wine, garlic, herb and tomato broth.

Absolutely delicious served with Blouberg, a crisp South African white wine.

Thanks Mrs S!

Latest Threads