Tonight I cooked..........

Are you on a bland diet?
Post heart op , trying to keep as sensible as far as food and drink go as we can

Not going to be easily achieved for a week starting tomorrow , on an all inclusive in Lanzarote

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Post heart op , trying to keep as sensible as far as food and drink go as we can

Not going to be easily achieved for a week starting tomorrow , on an all inclusive in Lanzarote
Seafood and salad, mate.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
definitely.............. looking forward to it , ..... and GIN.... lots and lots of lovely gin , and the odd Margarita, !!!!!
Enjoy, I've got to wait until July before I visit Lanza!

Tonight, I will mostly be 'avin this:
dinner.JPG

On a bed of brown rice:
Nom Nom
ash.JPG

Currently on a weeks all inclusive in Malta. Stick to whisky as it keeps the blood thin (apparently).

On a slightly more serious note, which I may have posted before, my dad had a heart transplant back in 1995. The list of do's and don'ts as far as food was concerned was eye watering. Frankly it was so bland I'd have topped myself after six months. So five days after the operation the hospital staff decided to send out for a curry and asked my dad if he wanted one.

"What about this list?" he asked.

"Don't worry about it. We didn't save your life to stop you from enjoying yourself."

Caulicheese and jacket spud, with chopped up cheapo mystery bacon. Just what the doctor ordered (probably).

caulicheese.jpg

I might be sticking my neck out here but that fish and chips looks suspiciously like it came from the chippy.
Beagle put it on the plate himself, what more do you want? Could do with a spot of sauce though.

Isn't Port a red wine?
Does that make the sauce a red wine and red wine reduction?
Almost, as port is fortified with brandy then its fortified red wine with red wine.

However, it did taste epic, I've yet to try a Raymond Blanc recipe that wasn't superb.

ETA, the other ingredients were quite unexpected, a pinch of five spice powder, two pinches of cinnamon plus a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.

Isn't Port a red wine?
Does that make the sauce a red wine and red wine reduction?
Nope. I don't like red wine but love a nice port. Apart from the attendant hangover the next day that feels like someone has been using my head as a lump hammer, hence why I don't drink it much any more. Guinness and port is like a soapy titwank in a glass :) For the sweaties, Bucky makes an acceptable substitute in an emergency.

Edit - Porkbrain gave the actual answer

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Fish and garlic sauté spuds.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Nope. I don't like red wine but love a nice port. Apart from the attendant hangover the next day that feels like someone has been using my head as a lump hammer, hence why I don't drink it much any more. Guinness and port is like a soapy titwank in a glass :) For the sweaties, Bucky makes an acceptable substitute in an emergency.

Edit - Porkbrain gave the actual answer
Port and brandy is always the best combination for filling a glass.

Latest Threads