Tonight I cooked..........

Anyone tried going carb free ?

Replace rice, pasta, spuds ect with extra veges.

I did it last month and it worked out well, felt good, and brought my blood sugar down out of the red zone, not to mention the perfectly formed stools I was crimping off as regular as clockwork.

I did it last month and it worked out well, felt good, and brought my blood sugar down out of the red zone, not to mention the perfectly formed stools I was crimping off as regular as clockwork.
That's what I'm on now. Left me gagging for a half decent chicken fried rice. A mate swears by it, and tbh, hes 4stone down on what he was.

I read a book ages ago, and the book actually suggested you can find your own carb safety zone just by taking your blood after a meal, and adjust portions accordingly. Can dig out the link to the book if you're interested.

Slow roast half lamb shoulder with creamed spuds, leek, roast parsnip and fine beans.

IMG_20181119_165951227.jpg
IMG_20181119_170708356_TOP.jpg

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

I did, not recommended long term. I need to lose a few stone, and am seeing a dietician. Best way is to have a good balanced diet and watch the calorie intake. Sounds boring but it's true, my consultant told me to ditch the carbs, great for a month or two but you can't keep it up.
For the first time ever I'm losing weight and feeling good, no sickness no bowel problems. Lost two stone since August, I'm happy and so is the dietician.=-D
Hopefully so will my consultant in a few months, (hernia).

7A98A458-F759-4E44-B47F-C29D5DE92280.jpeg

Following on from my earlier post and pics of my steak and kidney pies coming out of the oven. The finished article for supper tonight. The pie, colcannon mash, baton carrots and a bit of gravy. Just the job as the weather takes a turn for the worst!

I tried low carb for a couple of weeks, found it quite hard work, particularly trying to find something for when I wanted something sweet.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I noticed a few weeks ago a couple of us mentioned cauliflower rice. First time I heard of it. Had a look at a few food sites and gave it a go with some typical curry spices a bit of oil and some water and a good stir, lid on and then added the grilled chicken I had cut up, stirred all together. Well I never really nice in fact I’ve had it a few times since with different meats and even prawns and it really is nice. Mind you a like cauliflower, I like it a lot.
This thread is great for new ideas and inspiration.

I noticed a few weeks ago a couple of us mentioned cauliflower rice. First time I heard of it. Had a look at a few food sites and gave it a go with some typical curry spices a bit of oil and some water and a good stir, lid on and then added the grilled chicken I had cut up, stirred all together. Well I never really nice in fact I’ve had it a few times since with different meats and even prawns and it really is nice. Mind you a like cauliflower, I like it a lot.
This thread is great for new ideas and inspiration.
The thing I found most surprising about cauliflower rice was that it didn't actually taste like cauliflower!

All I did was grate the cauliflower, put it in the microwave in a covered bowl and ding it for a minute, then served as I would rice.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
The thing I found most surprising about cauliflower rice was that it didn't actually taste like cauliflower!

All I did was grate the cauliflower, put it in the microwave in a covered bowl and ding it for a minute, then served as I would rice.
I’ll try that next time. Thanks.

Latest Threads