Tonight I cooked..........

This is all I've got for me dinner tomorrow.

( plus the premium pork and honey sausages for breakfast, spaghetti Bolognese for lunch, the Waitrose Touchon cloth wrapped ham and buffalo mozzarella toasties for afternoon snack, and the artisan brewery pale ale.

A wifey fave again last night:
Pork.jpg

Pork steaks with sage, Dijon mustard, apple and grilled cheese topping, battered uspurugas*, spicy 'tater wedges, and some rather disappointing pieces of roasted (little) pumpkin/squash.
- - - - - - -
* All this rich food - my vowels are in disorder :-D

Last edited:
Last night's efforts

Crab and shrimp salad
20181118_190503_resized.jpg

Rack of lamb, dauphinoise potatoes, buttered leek, red wine shallot sauce
20181118_190833_resized.jpg

20181118_193017_resized.jpg

Apple and sultana crumble
20181118_200301_resized.jpg

Last night I had a quarter Dicksons Beef plate pie (leftover) with chips and minted mushy peas, smothered with thick beef/sage gravy and a wedge of crusty white with plenty of butter, washed down with a cuppa.
Took me 20 mins.

OG bachelor life at its best!

Now I do a 6-mile power cycle on an empty stomach to burn it off!
Gonna be fecking starving come lunchtime!

2D1D2C7B-5983-4D56-8A9A-3C64A038B859.jpeg

Home made steak and kidney pies ready for tonight’s supper. I’ll post an ‘accompaniment‘ picture later, probably with mash, carrots, Savoy cabbage and gravy.

Last edited:
Now, that there is a lamb Madras made according to the edicts of the Saint James of Martin (patron saint of butter).
Madras.jpg

It is accompanied by what I'm thinking of calling Foleshill potatoes.

In the sense that there are parts of Foleshill that resemble old Bombay, but on the whole it's very different to the real thing :-D

Can anybody point me in the direction of a sure-fire recipe for Bombay 'taters? (I'm exploring the notion that there's a deep-fried or roasted version, for what it's worth)

Can anybody point me in the direction of a sure-fire recipe for Bombay 'taters? (I'm exploring the notion that there's a deep-fried or roasted version, for what it's worth)
I have used both Spice of India recipe and BBC Food recipes though I've not really come across a deep fried one..

Now, that there is a lamb Madras made according to the edicts of the Saint James of Martin (patron saint of butter).
View attachment 362489

It is accompanied by what I'm thinking of calling Foleshill potatoes.

In the sense that there are parts of Foleshill that resemble old Bombay, but on the whole it's very different to the real thing :-D

I thought it was a posh way of saying fossil potatoes because they were rock hard.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Did you make the pastry? Looks nice.
I’m afraid not - straight out of the pack. The filling is all mine though - I batched cooked it some months back (in Guinness gravy) and this is the last of it out of the freezer. Previous batch was used for Snake & Pygmy Puds, but couldn’t be arsed making the suet today, so frozen puff pastry was the stand in! :grin:
As I said earlier, I’ll post a shot of the finished article (with trimmings) later.

Latest Threads