Tonight I cooked..........

Burger looks lovely. Not sold on the pudding (had to Google it) as it sounds a bit bland.
As a commercial product it had much more salt in it than I would have added to yellow split peas, plus I put lots of freshly ground pepper on it, so it was fairly spicy tasting.

As you've gone veggie why not try a small tin of it?

Steak, chips, veg, fried onions, mushrooms, blue cheese sauce.

20181115_203512-756x630.jpg
20181115_205022-756x678.jpg

As a commercial product it had much more salt in it than I would have added to yellow split peas, plus I put lots of freshly ground pepper on it, so it was fairly spicy tasting.

As you've gone veggie why not try a small tin of it?
Or just cook up a load of dried split peas, allow to cool and set then have at it. Once cool, a bit of flour, salt and pepper, curry powder, chopped onion, an egg, flaked smoked haddock and broken up prawn makes a very tasty fish cake. Roll in bread crumbs and fry as one would the shop bought ones.

Something I haven't had since I was a kid, pease pudding with a homemade onion burger.

Admittedly this pudding was from a tin but I can remember my mum cooking a huge potful and homemade bread for the 6 of us in the 50's when we were down to the last shilling for the gas meter, which happened a few times.

Ah, the good old days.

Ish.

View attachment 361941

Looks very tasty.

It was pretty good, when the thermometer plunges I'll make my own with a bag of yellow split peas.
Out of interest, is your onion burger an onion burger, or a meatball encased in onion . . or summink else

I'm genuinely interested, either way

Especially interested if it's meat and savoury onions!

Out of interest, is your onion burger an onion burger, or a meatball encased in onion . . or summink else

I'm genuinely interested, either way

Especially interested if it's meat and savoury onions!
It was minced beef with herbs, a small amount of breadcrumbs, and a fair amount of lightly fried onions added to the mince before being shaped in a burger ring, then grilled.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Me said:
Apart from the meat in the burger you mean?
If onion in a onion burger is meat, in the same way that chicken is occasionally designated a vegetable in my #3 son's somewhat elastic vegetarian regime . . .
It was minced beef with herbs, a small amount of breadcrumbs, and a fair amount of lightly fried onions added to the mince before being shaped in a burger ring, then grilled.
Boom! Whenever you're ready to retract, @Stonker :)