Tonight I cooked..........

I ordered a shitload from Amazon about a month ago, coming from the UK, but it seems to be AWOL. Should have been delivered last week.

Dunno why I can't buy it locally anymore, same as you. Banning grey market imports?
Bisto is just a granular mix of dehydrated stock with an added thickening agent and browning. You can do as well yourself (or better) using a stock cube (or natural stock!) and cornflour or arrowroot.

Finely chopped onions, a little squirt of tomato paste and spices and seasonings to suit will improve things further.

Krogers is out of the stuff, and has a pretty piss poor Brit selection at the moment. World Market is full of German xmas stuff. The only place I managed to get some is the little British Emporium in Grapevine.
Our new supermarket that opened in January had a small European section, with Jacob's, Ribena, Bisto, Oxo etc from the UK, and a few German items, such as proper sauerkraut, Maggi mixes etc. Then two or three months ago, they shitcanned it, reduced the number of lines about 50% as best I can tell, and then bomb-burst the remaining lines all over the store. I keep finding them hidden away, like Marmite. It's with the yeast. If you're trying to bake bread with Marmite as yeast, you're in for disappointment :)

Krogers is out of the stuff, and has a pretty piss poor Brit selection at the moment. World Market is full of German xmas stuff. The only place I managed to get some is the little British Emporium in Grapevine.
I ordered a shitload from Amazon about a month ago, coming from the UK, but it seems to be AWOL. Should have been delivered last week.

Dunno why I can't buy it locally anymore, same as you. Banning grey market imports?
Do you chaps need some sent out for Christmas? Can't be much fun being exiled so far from home in the godforsaken colonies so I'd be happy to oblige.

Bisto is just a granular mix of dehydrated stock with an added thickening agent and browning. You can do as well yourself (or better) using a stock cube (or natural stock!) and cornflour or arrowroot.

Finely chopped onions, a little squirt of tomato paste and spices and seasonings to suit will improve things further.
Yeah, I know. But two spoons of Bisto granules and you're off to the races. Gravy always seems to be an afterthought, and doesn't get the attention it deserves, chez nous. Still, looks like Bisto is not going to be an option anyway.

Bisto crisis!!

This is worse than the California wildfire disaster!
They have a wildfire in California? I've been too busy looking for Bisto to watch the news!

I was going over next week, half-term, with the lad: Cancelled. What do you expect though, no planned fire breaks and houses built out of sticks. What I find truly stoopid is that there is so much kit out there (I have looked at it, seen it, prodded it) for the homeowner to have installed on, in and around their property and they do not bother. A swimming pool of water stood there while the house burns down. I watched a documentary about the wildfires in Oz some years ago and a couple of people were interviewed who cleared out the undergrowth around their propertie's, bought BFO pump's connected them into their pools, laid some pipe, had sprinklers on their roof's and around the perimeter of the property. The fire came, the fire went, the houses were still standing. In Oz they also have pre-located fire shelters for the fire fighters too, here, well, not so much, then they make a movie about what happened, tragic.

Do you chaps need some sent out for Christmas? Can't be much fun being exiled so far from home in the godforsaken colonies so I'd be happy to oblige.
Thanks for the kind offer:). The daughter is in the UK at the moment and will be back at xmas, and boy does she have a shopping list........everything from Bisto to Hozelock fittings.

Thanks for the offer, much appreciated. I'll go back to old school ways for a bit as @Provost suggests. If that proves to be a ball ache, I may well take you up on that.

She'll be needing coffee too, to hide the smell of the illicit Bisto from the sniffer dog.
They're good, too. Years ago, the sniffer dog went banzai on one of our carry on bags in Florida, flying in from the UK. We'd had a bunch of apples in the bag on the plane, and eaten most of them on the flight. As we're descending, the flight attendants came round with an amnesty bag for any fruit/veg before landing, so we pitched the couple remaining apples. Yet the dog went nuts on a bag that had apples in it an hour previously.

Perhaps we should start a red cross parcel thread so people abroad that can't get what they need can order it here and some of us can arrange to send it over, could work both ways as there are a few Septic things I can't get here.

Latest Threads