Tonight I cooked..........

In?
Actually in the Farm Foods shop?
Or actually in the bin?
If it's the former, I shall be weirdly disappointed . . .
Well you can buy it in the shop but the 1lb bag of lorne sausage I used to make a meatloaf was liberated from the bin :mrgreen:

The backbone is removed and the breast bone broken by belting it with your hand so that it lies flat and cooks much quicker.

The only reason that it doesn't look flat in the pic is because I had to push it back up into shape in order to be able to fit everything on the plate.
Very easy to do with a pair of poultry scissors and a bit of brute force if you don't mind a bit of amateur butchery. Spatchcocking is how I mostly cook chicken on the BBQ.

Very easy to do with a pair of poultry scissors and a bit of brute force if you don't mind a bit of amateur butchery. Spatchcocking is how I mostly cook chicken on the BBQ.
I'll bet there's a shitload of YouTube 'how to' videos. Likewise on the BBC Food pages they used to have several really good little short videos: everything from sharpening a knife through slicing and dicing etcetera.

I'll bet there's a shitload of YouTube 'how to' videos. Likewise on the BBC Food pages they used to have several really good little short videos: everything from sharpening a knife through slicing and dicing etcetera.
Absolutely right. Though I took my guidance for spatchcocking from one of my BBQ cookbooks. One of my colleagues however managed to screw it up by cutting out the breastbone and then wonder how it looked "strange". I replied "any breasts I've seen were at the front and you want the backbone taking out so go figure"

Absolutely right. Though I took my guidance for spatchcocking from one of my BBQ cookbooks. One of my colleagues however managed to screw it up by cutting out the breastbone and then wonder how it looked "strange". I replied "any breasts I've seen were at the front and you want the backbone taking out so go figure"
People tend to forget that a prepared chicken is always presented to them upside down.

Enchiladas, home-made, not El Paso kit
20181107_211831_crop_785x754-588x565.jpg

Well, two issues with your comment:
1. I unfortunately never went to BATUS :-(
2. @clothears identifies as female - no, still not one of my fantasies!

:)
Would loved to have met you but my travelling pal has no sense of direction. Let's leave it at we were heading to Skye, she just couldn't make the dash across the motorway (despite us renting a BMW) and we wound up doing the trip in reverse order, lol.

No offense but I'm definitely female and as lovely as GM is, it's not one of my fantasies either.

my travelling pal has no sense of direction.
YOU'VE got one as well?! Mrs Pv got lost in the one way system in her home town ( in which we live in) Hence I do much of the driving. I could regale you with other travelling mishaps she's had but you'd be bored.

Baked potato, lashings of butter, beans, tuna and mature cheddar with jalapeno and red peppers.
20181108_203220-726x593.jpg

Nothing so far tonight, this was from last night when the website couldn't be arrsed to report for duties.

36 day aged rump steak.

ETA. Cancel my last, a server error occurs when attaching a photo.

Nothing so far tonight, this was from last night when the website couldn't be arrsed to report for duties.

36 day aged rump steak.

ETA. Cancel my last, a server error occurs when attaching a photo.
Indeed it does: I've grown accustomed to it failing on a 1mb image, but on this occasion it choked on a mere 336kb, so I'm saving my poached egg for when it's fixed, so proud am I of my prowess!

5 spice rubbed pork shoulder and fried rice, also from last night.
20181109_201420-716x550.jpg

Last edited:
5 spice rubbed pork shoulder and fried rice, also from last night.
No pic as the site says NO!
Well,I believe you , even if nobody else does. ...

Latest Threads