Tonight I cooked..........

And that's what I had but with lots of cabbage rather than cauliflower and, as usual, some L&P in it. That's getting to be quite a habit now but it certainly gives a bit of tang to some of the more bland meals.
I mix up some wooshtershire sauce and ketchup and then mix into the meat.

I mix up some wooshtershire sauce and ketchup and then mix into the meat.

Interesting - but the use of ketchup explains the lack of brown.

17EB25E9-2402-4B5D-99E7-1F3795012178.jpeg

Posh Sausage and Beans - Cassoulet! Made with a ‘gourmet’ mix from the local farm shop (where I bought the sausages), red peppers, red onions, plum tomatoes, chopped chorizo and a tin of haricot beans. Served with baked potatoes. Very nice.

Last edited:
Barnsley Chop??? I thought they were banned by the European food police because they were selling two types of meat together. Which brings the five bird roast in jeopardy. Where did you find it? I want one.
The one's we ate last night were from Chatsworth farm shop. Well, they came from there in the summer and have been in the freezer ever since.

That said, I've seen them in Morrison's sometimes called 'double loin chops' as well as Barnsley chops

I made myself a light bin snackette of Waitrose lemon and spiced apricot hummus on toasted sourdough boule, with a selection of Aldi tapas , and black sable grapes.

Proberly finish with filter coffee and chocolate creams, though I could be tempted to the caramel Swiss roll with creme fresh.
You sophisticate, you.

You and your better class of bin-fodder :)

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Barnsley chop, mustard and honey parsnip mash, pak choi, red wine gravy
View attachment 361215
We went to a restaurant recently where they advertised Barnsley Chop on the menu, decided that was for me. You can imagine the look on my face when the plate turned up with 2 of the smallest lamb cutlets turned up which had also been French trimmed to within an inch of their lives, it was basically an eye of meat on a bone. OH told me not to say a word but we definitely won't be going back again!

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
We went to a restaurant recently where they advertised Barnsley Chop on the menu, decided that was for me. You can imagine the look on my face when the plate turned up with 2 of the smallest lamb cutlets turned up which had also been French trimmed to within an inch of their lives, it was basically an eye of meat on a bone. OH told me not to say a word but we definitely won't be going back again!
I think I'd have ignored the OH and sent the fecker back, FFS, robbing pretentious bastards.

Roasted a pork loin joint in my Dutch oven on the coals inside my wood burning stove.

Bushcraft cookery but indoors without any of the outdoors " unpleasantness ".

Put the joint on a trivet.

Clean your stove you dirty bastard.

Take lid off and crisp up the crackling.

Serve on Willow pattern only.

Roasted a pork loin joint in my Dutch oven on the coals inside my wood burning stove.

Bushcraft cookery but indoors without any of the outdoors " unpleasantness ".

Put the joint on a trivet.

Clean your stove you dirty bastard.

Take lid off and crisp up the crackling.

Serve on Willow pattern only.

Is the stove in your shed?

Latest Threads