Tonight I cooked..........

Barnsley Chop??? I thought they were banned by the European food police because they were selling two types of meat together. Which brings the five bird roast in jeopardy. Where did you find it? I want one.
I think they were banned because they had spinal column in them iirc not because it was two different meats.

Roast rolled breast of lamb, mash, mixed veg and gravy.
View attachment 361225

I've decided to heed @Provost 's advice and didn't use the enamel plate to rest the meat on.
View attachment 361226
A very underestimated part of the beast, tasty and used to be cheap. The fact that this repast is slowly killing the population of Tonga is neither here nor there.

You can now hand that “dish” back to the Royal Artillery museum.

A very underestimated part of the beast, tasty and used to be cheap. The fact that this repast is slowly killing the population of Tonga is neither here nor there.

You can now hand that “dish” back to the Royal Artillery museum.
Until the fancy poncey TV chefs got an eye on it, now the price is through the roof like a lot of other what were cheap cuts.

"For the moment – an eternity it must have seemed to the others standing by – I was struck dumb with amazement, and when Lord Carnarvon, unable to stand in suspense any longer, inquired anxiously "Can you see anything?", it was all I could do to get out the words "Yes, wonderful things".

'king hell. Thats you sorted for the month then!:)

Oh yeah, I'm having my interpretation of shepherds pie tonight with cauliflower and carrots.

I made myself a light bin snackette of Waitrose lemon and spiced apricot hummus on toasted sourdough boule, with a selection of Aldi tapas , and black sable grapes.

Proberly finish with filter coffee and chocolate creams, though I could be tempted to the caramel Swiss roll with creme fresh.

Last edited:
"For the moment – an eternity it must have seemed to the others standing by – I was struck dumb with amazement, and when Lord Carnarvon, unable to stand in suspense any longer, inquired anxiously "Can you see anything?", it was all I could do to get out the words "Yes, wonderful things".

I think I have just let out a bit of sex wee! That is a skip from The Lord himself surely? I never get that lucky, is that 7 packs of sangers just yum yum

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Barnsley Chop??? I thought they were banned by the European food police because they were selling two types of meat together. Which brings the five bird roast in jeopardy. Where did you find it? I want one.
Fecking Barnsley:slow:

A twist to a sandwich that you intend eating promptly:

This is Polish bread, Bavarian smoked ham and some Dutch sliced cheese, plus bits.

The secret is to lightly brush one side of the sandwish (the outside with a sprinkle of olive oil then give it five on a griddle pan, this adds a different dimention to it.

IMG_5413.jpg

Last nights interpretation of shepherds pie.

Looks good but lacking a certain brown colour.
A twist to a sandwich that you intend eating promptly:

This is Polish bread, Bavarian smoked ham and some Dutch sliced cheese, plus bits.

The secret is to lightly brush one side of the sandwish (the outside with a sprinkle of olive oil then give it five on a griddle pan, this adds a different dimention to it.

View attachment 361308
Try using mayo to brush the bread instead of olive oil.

Try using mayo to brush the bread instead of olive oil.
50/50 butter and olive oil with a couple of cloves of garlic ground up in a mortar and pestle with a little salt. Mix well and keep in the fridge. Olive oil keeps it soft so easy to spread. Schmeer of that on both sides of a slice of sourdugh and toast in a dry pan.

You can also toss cubes of bread in a plastic bag with a spoon of it then under the grill for two minutes to make garlic croutons.

Last nights interpretation of shepherds pie.

And that's what I had but with lots of cabbage rather than cauliflower and, as usual, some L&P in it. That's getting to be quite a habit now but it certainly gives a bit of tang to some of the more bland meals.

Mmm lovely. Who can resist anything brought to the table on a rusty old hub cap from a Hillman Avenger? Did you have guests?
You clearly don't understand the concept of "resting" the meat. It is not served on the plate it has rested on.
As for guests, just the usual family members, and they, like any others that eat my food, are far more concerned about the taste of the food than what it was cooked in or rested on!

Last edited: