A bit of charcuterie and a glass of sherry
20181110_173438_resized.jpg

Scallop and black pudding salad
20181110_191733_resized.jpg

Pork chop, sauerkraut, baked pear, parsnip crisps, charcuterie sauce
20181110_193744_resized.jpg

Apple souffle, calvados sabayon, Apple sorbet
20181110_202725_resized.jpg

So, normal service having been resumed (x-ed fingers), and Remembrance duties discharged - here's yesterday's brunch . . well, half of it, anyway:
Poachie pouchie_resized_1.jpg
Having invested time, effort and a coupla hard earned squids a few weeks back, to obtain an Addis microwaveable degg poacher, I happened on these silicone poaching pods for 50p in a charity shop, and having bleach bathed them, I gave them a run out.

As a precaution (possibly unnecessary) I gave them a good greasing before dropping the deggs into them, then floated the two side by side in a pan of boily H2O and put the lid on for 3.5 minutes.

Then I lifted them out, and let them sit while I faffed about toasting and buttering my sourdough then decorating same with hunny roast ham before evicting the poach deggs from their nests

Bloody excellent!!

So, normal service having been resumed (x-ed fingers), and Remembrance duties discharged - here's yesterday's brunch . . well, half of it, anyway:
View attachment 361162 Having invested time, effort and a coupla hard earned squids a few weeks back, to obtain an Addis microwaveable degg poacher, I happened on these silicone poaching pods for 50p in a charity shop, and having bleach bathed them, I gave them a run out.

As a precaution (possibly unnecessary) I gave them a good greasing before dropping the deggs into them, then floated the two side by side in a pan of boily H2O and put the lid on for 3.5 minutes.

Then I lifted them out, and let them sit while I faffed about toasting and buttering my sourdough then decorating same with hunny roast ham before evicting the poach deggs from their nests

Bloody excellent!!
Nice. Have you gone all Michelin star or could you not be bothered with proper crockery?

Nice. Have you gone all Michelin star or could you not be bothered with proper crockery?
O-doofarkorff.

I was 'kin'ungry, the wife out the door, so I wasn't fussed about the mess, and scoffed one by the stovetop before I remembered to do the CSI thing and snap the crime scene.

You shoulda seen the forensics left by egg #1.

I think I was posting for @Northern_Biff - ISTR he couldn't get on with the posing pouches, found the microwave weapon better.

I think I'm t'other way round.

Small but thick gammon steak, egg, fried potato, black pudding and mushrooms.

IMG_20181108_171019429.jpg

Not sure we needed a life size picture ^ ^ ^

That fry degg should be sat upon the black pudding throne, anointed with salt and pepper, ready to be pierced, spilling it's unctuous yolk into that dark altar, to create the Food of The Gods.

Some baked beans wouldn't go amiss neither :)
Sorry Maestro, as ever your opinion is greatly valued. :sleepy:

:)

Barnsley chop, mustard and honey parsnip mash, pak choi, red wine gravy
20181111_175049_resized.jpg

Roast rolled breast of lamb, mash, mixed veg and gravy.
20181111_203851_crop_753x741-756x743.jpg

I've decided to heed @Provost 's advice and didn't use the enamel plate to rest the meat on.
20181111_202001-756x716.jpg

Latest Threads