Tonight I cooked..........

Each to their own, but as you say call it something else, anything but Black Pudding.
I had to pause for a minute before I could press the funny button as I was laughing too much.

A reply to your good self and thanks to all for responding. As you would all expect I have had no response from him, though he did send Mrs RM a pic of his new haircut where he looks like Gunny Highway but with a beard Brian Blessed would die for!!! Where the fcuck did I go wrong, it's like the embodiment of all the Young Ones but without Mike's money making ability.
The Black pudding though, just wondering, could it possibly be using halloween surplus fake blood???? Nope its just stuffing dyed black I reckon, little does he know that Black food colouring is made from red, blue and green colouring with added charcoal. That is Charcoal for yummy barbecues and Red dye (Cochineal) made from shitloads of crushed beetles..........they are just a bunch of hypocritical cnuts! However point still stands and has been mentioned, why take the time to make something look like, have the texture of and taste like meat when you could just...pop down the butchers! Roll on Crimbo dinner when he is there with his fcucking nut cutlet, I cannot wait, I think I will eat mine sans diggers for that great gravy/grease Homer face :grin::grin::grin::grin:

That was just the browned off beef; the "stew" component of the cottage pie:

View attachment 360671

Hopefully a little more appetizing than "grey mince" :)
the old cow used to brown the meat first, then she must have added eye of newt and tongue of dog , or something like that, anyway , your ground beef looks rather good, I do prefer mine a little less.liquid than yours usually by stirring in a spoon of flour as I brown it but that does look good

Doing a cottage pie tonight with mashed cauliflower/turnip/swede(rutabaga)/one potato. Went shopping for the meat earlier. I usually make it with ground beef, but the price of it is through the roof, for what is generally the shitty offcuts in the grinder. So I bought a big lump on sale and ground it.

Dogshit beef, $3.69/lb:

View attachment 360667

Slightly less dogshit beef, $4.99/lb:

View attachment 360666

Not at all dogshit beef, $2.99/lb: (this is basically rump steak)

View attachment 360668

Et voila:

View attachment 360669
Even allowing for the exchange rate, your meat is dirt cheap!

Can't even get regular (aka fatty) ground beef up here for less than $4.99 per pound

Even allowing for the exchange rate, your meat is dirt cheap!

Can't even get regular (aka fatty) ground beef up here for less than $4.99 per pound
My local supermarket is probably the most expensive place I could buy it too; if I went into town, I could get it maybe 50c/lb less expensive.

Surprises me that meat is costly up there. You have Alberta beef, after all - though I'm not sure where in Canada you are. Not many cow herds round these parts!

A reply to your good self and thanks to all for responding. As you would all expect I have had no response from him, though he did send Mrs RM a pic of his new haircut where he looks like Gunny Highway but with a beard Brian Blessed would die for!!! Where the fcuck did I go wrong, it's like the embodiment of all the Young Ones but without Mike's money making ability.
The Black pudding though, just wondering, could it possibly be using halloween surplus fake blood???? Nope its just stuffing dyed black I reckon, little does he know that Black food colouring is made from red, blue and green colouring with added charcoal. That is Charcoal for yummy barbecues and Red dye (Cochineal) made from shitloads of crushed beetles..........they are just a bunch of hypocritical cnuts! However point still stands and has been mentioned, why take the time to make something look like, have the texture of and taste like meat when you could just...pop down the butchers! Roll on Crimbo dinner when he is there with his fcucking nut cutlet, I cannot wait, I think I will eat mine sans diggers for that great gravy/grease Homer face :grin::grin::grin::grin:
Send a photographic supplement.
Pictorials or it didnt occur.JPG

Try spreading Marmite on bread, then add cheese and grill until cheese is melted to your liking, then top with a poached egg.
You're dead to me.

My local supermarket is probably the most expensive place I could buy it too; if I went into town, I could get it maybe 50c/lb less expensive.

Surprises me that meat is costly up there. You have Alberta beef, after all - though I'm not sure where in Canada you are. Not many cow herds round these parts!
Taxes and stuff maybe? U.S. Imports Canadian oil but it's still cheaper here at point of sale...

Following yesterday’s offal posts I decided to cook the kidney/sausage casserole last night.

Halved chipolatas, kidney, onions. Fry. Add some water. Reduce and cook through. Parsley. Serve.

I didn’t add stock as the kidney gave it a huge amount of flavour.

Served with small baked King Teds, buttered sweetheart cabbage and peas.

04CB663C-08D7-4A97-A80A-3C887F1C59FA.jpeg

What was it like?

I thought it tasted pretty good (in a winter warmer comfort food sort of way) but the cat wouldn’t eat the leftover kidney (which is worrying).

Following yesterday’s offal posts I decided to cook the kidney/sausage casserole last night.

Halved chipolatas, kidney, onions. Fry. Add some water. Reduce and cook through. Parsley. Serve.

View attachment 360715

What was it like?

I thought it tasted pretty good (in a winter warmer comfort food sort of way) but the cat wouldn’t eat the leftover kidney (which is worrying).
F the cat.. Actually don't.. Literally.

Last night was breaded pork cuttlet and cheesy pasta.

20181106_205734-662x563.jpg

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

View attachment 360715

What was it like?

Virtually Kidney Turbigo, a fave of mine, the only difference being a touch of sherry (although I use a glass of red wine as I hate sherry and never have it in the house)

Pretty much so but minus a few ingredients.

TBH the kidneys add so much flavour that I didn’t need stock or any seasoning, other than a handful of chopped parsley from the window pot. The only seasoning was salt and pepper at the table.

I guess most “classic” dishes have various versions and improvisations which amount to the same thing. Bacon flan/quiche, Fegata/liver and onions, bacon & cabbage/caldo verde etc.

Cauli/Broc with mac and cheese and diced MMMMMM...Mathesons smoked sausage

Handy tip , don't throw out cheese unless it is really going green I got a whole stilton , reduced to £2 just after Christmas cut it into 6 segments wrapped in clingfilm and frozen... grates easily for the cheese sauce, and garlic bread

excellent,
IMG_20181107_180013.jpg
IMG_20181107_180152.jpg

Using up some fresh egg noodles and beansprouts from yesterday, this time with Char Siu, red chillies, yellow pepper, and spring onions.

All braised in the dark soy, rice wine, mirin, sugar, sliced ginger, garlic and onion that the belly pork had simmered in for 2 1/2 hours.

I overdid the chilli a tad but it was very good.

DSCN2627.JPG

£9.50 for delivery is frankly taking the proverbial- I cancelled my order
Your choice, although it's insulated, overnight delivery.
Packing and Delivery

All our meat cuts are sent out in vacuum packs, inside cardboard boxes lined with polystyrene and insulated with re-cycled shredded paper and frozen gel packs. We deliver to most of the mainland UK overnight, to arrive by noon the following day.
About us | The Blackface Meat Company | Wild Game and Meat

They do free p&p on orders over £75 - that's 14 x 500g haggis which is easily split between a few people, or a couple of haggis and a selection from their 'pick and mix' section. (I'm not on commission but probably should be).

By comparison Amazon is a similar price plus p&p for a generic, unspecial MacSween haggis.

I live in Alberta. Pork is the cheapest meat here and I can't stand ground pork. Ground beef has become so pricey that some supermarkets are selling a ground beef/pork combo to bring prices down. There are places where you can get 3lbs for $10 but it's frozen and in those scary tubes.

Chicken is expensive. It actually makes more sense to buy a cooked chicken at Costco or any supermarket over buying one and cooking it yourself. $14 for a cooked bird or anywhere from $12-18 uncooked.

Food prices are an eyeopener. It's so much cheaper in the States. Just came back from a UK roadtrip and my travelling buddy and I were both amazed at how much cheaper food was in UK supermarkets. I was already used to cheaper produce in Spain but wasn't expecting it to be cheap in the UK.

Don't start me on gas prices.