Tonight I cooked..........

They seem to like their meat burnt to a cinder joker. Those bratties look waaaaaaay overdone. I'm sure roadster knows they are already cooked and only require heating through but who knows. Must be a septic thing.
Bratwurst here are generally NOT cooked. Frankfurters are cooked, but Bratties are generally raw. I prefer genuine German bratties, and scarf a few down when we go to Germany on holidays. But it is what it is.

As for the apparent torching, it's mostly the red tone of the applewood chips. Yes, they had a bit longer than would have been ideal, but they're only for Scooby snacks, not a main meal.

If I'm cooking bratties for a meal, I will boil them in beer to cook them first, and then touch them up on the grill before serving.

Bratwurst here are generally NOT cooked. Frankfurters are cooked, but Bratties are generally raw. I prefer genuine German bratties, and scarf a few down when we go to Germany on holidays. But it is what it is.

As for the apparent torching, it's mostly the red tone of the applewood chips. Yes, they had a bit longer than would have been ideal, but they're only for Scooby snacks, not a main meal.

If I'm cooking bratties for a meal, I will boil them in beer to cook them first, and then touch them up on the grill before serving.
Mea Culpa

It must be shoite living over there. :party:

Meanwhile, I've just chowed down on a M&S microwaved chicken jalfrezi (which, BTW, auto correct wanted to render as chicken half-destroy!) with some shop-bought vac packed naan.

Meh.

Anybody gonna teach me how to make your own naan? The stuff from our local Indians is universally elastic, puffy and a delight to put in yer mouth, whereas I never yet found a shop bought version that was any of the above.

Pretty much the exact reverse :-(

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Looks like nasi goreng with a fish fillet on top?
I hadn’t a clue what you were on about so I googled Nasi Goreng and it appears that I inadvertently made one.=-D

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
I hadn’t a clue what you were on about so I googled Nasi Goreng and it appears that I inadvertently made one.=-D
Just don't confuse it with Nazi Goering or the internet plod will be round.

Lidl used to do a really nice one, sadly discontinued, which was made with chicken and dispensed with the prawns so while it wasn't traditional - to whatever extent all in a pot dishes are 'traditional' - it was bloody lovely. Would have been nice bulked out with cod.