Tonight I cooked..........

Pizza. Needed a bit longer in the oven for the base to get properly crispy but tasted alright.

pizzaafter.jpg

Last night was a pork loin rollup with kale and apple filling. Tzatziki pasta salad on the side.

IMG_1594.jpg

IMG_1599.jpg

IMG_1838.JPG

. . . and continuing the porky theme: last night's roasted (pulled?) pork belly with a crackling crumb*, served with root veg mash and some more of that thar luvvly tenderstem broccoli:
21_Belly.jpg

*From Aldi - it's vac-packed/sous-vide/serves-two job needing 40 minutes in a hot oven. It is very nice for the money, trust me on this.

That thar Secret Cellar Shiraz Grenache is pretty decent - but then wifey picked up a half dozen bottles on a half-price special, and I don't expect to see it at under £8.99 again anytime soon.

Roast turkey here last night, with fondant potatoes, stuffing and a grilled ratatouille. Also did a few bratties for Ron.

IMG_2922 2.JPG

IMG_2902.JPG

pre heat the tray? never ever heard of that
Pizza is usually cooked on the bottom of a pizza oven which is hot, if you put it in a conventional oven on a cold tray the top burns before the base cooks through, if you pre heat the tray first it starts cooking the base straight away, got the tip from a Jamie Oliver prog, though he used a pizza stone instead of a metal tray.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
image.jpeg

Pizza is usually cooked on the bottom of a pizza oven which is hot, if you put it in a conventional oven on a cold tray the top burns before the base cooks through, if you pre heat the tray first it starts cooking the base straight away, got the tip from a Jamie Oliver prog, though he used a pizza stone instead of a metal tray.

Thanks, do home made pizza often never gave it a thought, guess I should be using the bottom element only function as well

Latest Threads