Tonight I cooked..........

Tandoori chicken curry, fresh from the freezer :)

IMG_2088.JPG

Family gone walkies again?
Just for the evening. They'll be back in about 2 hours. Hopefully any olfactory evidence will have dissipated.

Despite my better judgement, I decided to give Sainsbury's a second chance but this time with their 'Rubys in a Jar' range 'Jungle green curry'. I added chicken and a handful of prawns instead of the recommended all seafood. A handful of frozen peppers and a few drops of fish sauce. I also replaced the recommended fish stock with chicken stock:

dinner2.JPG

dinner.JPG

Probably the best ruby I have 'made' in a while, depth, a good heat and looked good. Not at all bad for a supermarket effort.
Quite why they called it 'Jungle', when it recommends it as a seafood dish is another matter.

This morning, I am mostly 'avin Thai revenge.

Last edited:
F7E55B1E-FA2F-4EC2-8B0F-DC81B2F5E13C.jpeg

Nice healthy brekkie today. Wholemeal toast, scrambled egg and smoked salmon.

Looks good but isn't that a NAAFI plate?
Busted! Not NAAFI, but MQ issue. We bought a job lot of stuff from the ASU in Germany years ago for a song and the plates are still going strong. Made to last! :smile:

Last edited:
Busted! Not NAAFI, but MQ issue. We bought a job lot of stuff from the ASU in Germany years ago and the plates are still going strong. Made to last! :smile:
Top marks for repurposing stuff that was probably never used for its intended purpose:D

there was some Asian chick on James martins show this morning and she made a 10 minute tandoori chicken thing, so why not try it

Breast chicken cut into slices about 1/4 inch thick , , home made tandoori spice because ASDA didn't have them 1/4 tea spoon of turmeric half of cumin 1/2 of corriander , half of mild chilli powder and for good measure a teaspoon of curry powder , teaspoon of grated ginger and 3 cloves of garlic and a decent dollop natural yoghurt of your choice and a teaspoon of lemon juice, as a mainade with a raita sort of thing made from yoghurt and fecking mint sauce a little water and a squeeze of lemon
served with a basic salad , lettuce toms red pepper and spring onion on a slice of Peshawari nan that I thought could be split open like the pita bread she used , it wouldn't split so just layered it on top there were two of these each

cooking time 10 minutes after 10 minutes prep

delicious , this recipe is defo a keeper

IMG_20181020_180800.jpg

Lovely fresh plaice fillet, grilled with lemon parsley butter sauce.

IMG_20181020_170846599.jpg

Latest Threads