Tonight I cooked..........

Don’t mention the plate.

Oh how the mighty have fallen...

The Oberstürmbraunführer is obviously trying to draw the guilty out of hiding by false sense of security.

Just occasionally I like a change from brown.

Just occasionally I like a change from brown.
Funny you should say that. I was going for a nice gentle brown with some turmeric, wasn't paying attention when I tipped the jar and over spiced ever so slightly.

That's not sweetcorn, it's cauliflower that got turmericed to death. The rest of it is Lidl Alpenfest bratties, caramelised red onion and mushrooms. Looks horrendous even by my standards and left my plate a luminous yellow colour but tasted nice.

yellow.jpg

Incidentally Himmler, despite you constantly poking Vinnie I've don't think I've ever seen you post a picture of your grub either. I'm quite happy to post pictures in my ongoing 'look how I fucked up in the kitchen' theme. If you're going to criticise him you could at least put up some of your food.

Funny you should say that. I was going for a nice gentle brown with some turmeric, wasn't paying attention when I tipped the jar and over spiced ever so slightly.

That's not sweetcorn, it's cauliflower that got turmericed to death. The rest of it is Lidl Alpenfest bratties, caramelised red onion and mushrooms. Looks horrendous even by my standards and left my plate a luminous yellow colour but tasted nice.

View attachment 357943

Incidentally Himmler, despite you constantly poking Vinnie I've don't think I've ever seen you post a picture of your grub either. I'm quite happy to post pictures in my ongoing 'look how I fucked up in the kitchen' theme. If you're going to criticise him you could at least put up some of your food.
That's worth a "funny" as well.

I’ve seen confit duck in tins at Carfour in Marseille with a shelf life of a year at least.
Its a bit like the canning process, Confit is cooked in fat/Lard and forms an airtight seal around the food.
As long as it goes into a sterilised jar, then it will last indefinitely.
They did some tests on some supplies from Scotts Antarctic expedition on tinned stuff that was found in a supply dump.
All perfectly edible, although it had had the benefit of being frozen.

Stuffed peppers, baked potato and asparagus.

Apologies to OCD sufferers, that one is orange, the others are green. I had two three-packs of peppers. One was all green, the other "traffic light", out of which I used the red & green elsewhere. Hence 3 green, one orange.

IMG_7647.JPG

IMG_5228.JPG

View attachment 357943

Thanks for the info, mate.......... I put the sad prick on ignore ages ago.

As far as I, m concerned, the important point of this thread is sharing info and recipes........ photos are more needed for the likes of Mush Dad, because he adds artistry as well to his food, but pics of ordinary scoff..... no, unless just for fun.

Himmler is just a stalker, with no grasp of reality, or interconnecting with humans.

Anyways, today, it was boiled ovo e tostados, then bigoli e colatura for lunch, then salchiccas et patates for tea, before a quick pasegata up Via Regina, and a bottle of Netto,s finest white before bed.

Stuffed peppers, baked potato and asparagus.

Apologies to OCD sufferers, that one is orange, the others are green. I had two three-packs of peppers. One was all green, the other "traffic light", out of which I used the red & green elsewhere. Hence 3 green, one orange.

View attachment 358031

View attachment 358032
It has previously been decreed on here that certain items of food should be aligned to magnetic North on the plate. I believe spargel falls within that criterion.

Can you confirm your asparagus was aligned as such on the plate, and if so may I respectfully request future photos depicting food items subject to such legislation be photographed in a 'North up' aspect.

Can you confirm your

Thanks for the info, mate.......... I put the sad prick on ignore ages ago.

As far as I, m concerned, the important point of this thread is sharing info and recipes........ photos are more needed for the likes of Mush Dad, because he adds artistry as well to his food, but pics of ordinary scoff..... no, unless just for fun.

Himmler is just a stalker, with no grasp of reality, or interconnecting with humans.

Anyways, today, it was boiled ovo e tostados, then bigoli e colatura for lunch, then salchiccas et patates for tea, before a quick pasegata up Via Regina, and a bottle of Netto,s finest white before bed.
Any pictures of that?
I have no idea what the **** that is tbh.

It has previously been decreed on here that certain items of food should be aligned to magnetic North on the plate. I believe spargel falls within that criterion.

Can you confirm your asparagus was aligned as such on the plate, and if so may I respectfully request future photos depicting food items subject to such legislation be photographed in a 'North up' aspect.
As it's you mate, yes I can. I thought it looked better the other way round, but just for you:

:)

IMG_9370.JPG

Any pictures of that?
I have no idea what the **** that is tbh.
I'm pretty sure it's dog Spanish for ordinary grub. Ovo e tostados looks suspiciously like egg on toast and possibly sausages / salami with potato for tea.

I'm pretty sure it's dog Spanish for ordinary grub. Ovo e tostados looks suspiciously like egg on toast and possibly sausages / salami with potato for tea.
I'm pretty sure he doesn't post pics because he doesn't actually cook anything.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't post pics because he doesn't actually cook anything.
I don't really belong in this thread either but there isn't one called 'Tonight I ballsed up cooking...' ;)

Last edited:
I don't really belong in this thread either but there isn't one called 'Tonight I ballsed up cooking...'
Nope, you deffo belong in this thread as you do cook even if you don't make a great job of it at least you try and are not ashamed to post pictures of your attempts.