Tonight I cooked..........

Some fell on stony ground.... :)

I bought some new cookbooks at a discount store yesterday, one of which was on bread baking. Use a cast iron pan it said. Prove for at least an hour and a half, it said. So I did. And made what most closely resembles a cardinal's hat from the 1500s :)

View attachment 357447

Still, the texture was OK, and it made a decent sandwich.

View attachment 357448

View attachment 357449
I think you need to google Artisan Bread. It was all the internet rage about 18 months ago. You basically let the dough do it's thing overnight and then use a cast iron (Le Crueset works best) casserole to bake it. The lid of the casserole steams the dough. You get a nice crusty loaf.

No kneading, no pfaffing around.

I think you need to google Artisan Bread. It was all the internet rage about 18 months ago. You basically let the dough do it's thing overnight and then use a cast iron (Le Crueset works best) casserole to bake it. The lid of the casserole steams the dough. You get a nice crusty loaf.

No kneading, no pfaffing around.
I've just bought a book on that kind of thing. @Donny - here is the recipe.

IMG_5388.JPG

IMG_2984.JPG

IMG_0422.JPG

IMG_4685.JPG

IMG_7849.JPG

IMG_4000.JPG

Bread = sugar

Chicken, ham and mushroom pie, with mashed potatoes, broccoli, carrot and gravy.

IMG_3646.JPG

The bread is great. Best to make parchment paper lifter to make removal easier. Long enough to go from side to side. The loaves I made didn’t require any extra browning. A Le Creuset oval roaster or large casserole pot give good size and shapes. The buffet casserole dish results in an ok loaf

I must be awake now.

That and @Roadster280 with his cardinal's hat.

Since before breakfast I've been trying to figure out what kinda pot would give you a shape like an oak leaf . . .
An oak leaf shaped pot?

The bread is great. Best to make parchment paper lifter to make removal easier. Long enough to go from side to side. The loaves I made didn’t require any extra browning. A Le Creuset oval roaster or large casserole pot give good size and shapes. The buffet casserole dish results in an ok loaf
I've not needed a lifter since I discovered Canola oil in a spray can. I just spray a light coating on the loaf tin and it releases perfectly every time. Must have done a couple hundred of them now. The "cardinal's hat" was done in a cast iron oval roaster. It's an Aldi Le Creuset knock off. I used to have just about every piece of Le Creuset they did at the time, and I can't tell the difference in performance.

The loaf however reminded me of this:

Bonnie Prince Charlie McCain?!

Who knew!?!?
Vietnam war hero he was mate. Taken prisoner after his plane was shot down and suffered five and a half years of torture before before he became their king. Died recently after eating too many chunky oven chips.

Anyway, tonight was grilled pork belly, mushrooms and tomato, with fried mashed spuds.

IMG_20181016_170051933.jpg

Went a bit mad on Tescos reduced shelf, so I had scallops for starter and chicken and chorizo chili cheesy pasta.

20181015_201055-745x754.jpg
20181015_201040-657x517.jpg

@Grey_Mafia65

Somewhen between 10 and 11 a.m. I got a kneemail via geemail, wot said you asked:

Does brushing your face and shaving your teeth improve your reading skills?
Well, there's clearly an improvement, if you compare before'n'after, but given that it's all going on around 0530 I haven't much of a clue wot's happening in the interim, so scientifically you couldn't call it a causal relationship.

Hope this sets your mind at rest :-D

Er.....

Just one thing....

Latest Threads