Tonight I cooked..........

Serious inquiry.

I've seen confit duck in jars on the shelves of French supermarkets, and I recall being struck by the long shelf life, without committing it to memory.

If memory serves, the confit process is all about preserving the meat (for the winter?) so is a 6 months shelf life above average for confit duck?
I’ve seen confit duck in tins at Carfour in Marseille with a shelf life of a year at least.

A chicken leg, one large potato, a carrot, chicken stock, some flour to thicken it a bit, and some L & P sauce, made an easy stew which tasted OK. I tried some turmeric in it but didn't notice any difference 'cos I could taste L & P sauce.

but I still had to do a slice of bread and butter to wipe the plate.

Then followed it with some fruit and cream
I usually use another piece of bread, fruit and cream are really difficult to wipe a plate with.

Don't know if anything about this wizardry has been posted before, has anybody tested the idea? I have got the stuff and will give it a blast in the next few days.
If it works though, it could be the future. Set it up, go out on the lash, turn on....zeds then in the morning....woohoo!

!!!!! Slow Cooker Full English !!!!!

Don't know if anything about this wizardry has been posted before, has anybody tested the idea? I have got the stuff and will give it a blast in the next few days.
If it works though, it could be the future. Set it up, go out on the lash, turn on....zeds then in the morning....woohoo!

!!!!! Slow Cooker Full English !!!!!
Yep, it was discussed at length a few days ago Trig.

Sorry old bean, I shall have a gander back through the thread, cheers for pointing out my momentary fuckwittery ;)
Here's the original post...
https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/tonight-i-cooked.129828/post-8830778

Has anyone noticed there is a recipe for 'Brown' in the Manual of Army Catering Services 1965. Very versatile and can be gravy, Brown Windsor soup, Oxtail soup or anything requiring a touch of 'marron'. As an aside, I just watched a rather clever young lady do a full English in a slow cooker. Definitely a Saturday morning project. Take a look on BBC news.

Some fell on stony ground.... :)

I bought some new cookbooks at a discount store yesterday, one of which was on bread baking. Use a cast iron pan it said. Prove for at least an hour and a half, it said. So I did. And made what most closely resembles a cardinal's hat from the 1500s :)

IMG_7158.JPG

Still, the texture was OK, and it made a decent sandwich.

IMG_2886.JPG

IMG_3933.JPG

I usually use another piece of bread, fruit and cream are really difficult to wipe a plate with.
Nobody around so I licked the bowl clean. Should have done the same with the dinner plate I suppose.

Some fell on stony ground.... :)

I bought some new cookbooks at a discount store yesterday, one of which was on bread baking. Use a cast iron pan it said. Prove for at least an hour and a half, it said. So I did. And made what most closely resembles a cardinal's hat from the 1500s :)

View attachment 357447

Still, the texture was OK, and it made a decent sandwich.

View attachment 357448

View attachment 357449
That looks really tasty - are the crusts as good as they look? If so, would you share the recipe please :) I’m trying to find a home made crusty bread to be my new house loaf, once I have my very own kitchen back again..

That looks really tasty - are the crusts as good as they look? If so, would you share the recipe please :) I’m trying to find a home made crusty bread to be my new house loaf, once I have my very own kitchen back again..
Yes, crusts were really good. Shaping was a tad unusual though! I will try and post a photo of the book page a bit later on, but might be 6pm my time.

Tonight we,re having an italian.

McCain,s Steakhouse chips and a nice big pork chop each, with a few tomatoes on the side.
There’s a first, no pictures.

Now! That's what I call Leftovers.
StrogPasta2.jpg

That's the remaning portion of last nights porky stroganoff on a bed of nice papardelle, with buttered tenderstem broccoli on the side.

8 minutes from getting the water to boil to plating up, and it were fookin' lush.

I much preferred the strog with the pasta, rather than the usual rice.

And once again I wave my genitals in the general direction of the Braunpolizei.

Latest Threads