Tonight I cooked..........

Last night it was ham sandwiches. Tonight it'll be haggis, mushy peas and mash.

I suppose not technically "tonight" but I cooked a good chunk of beef in a pot on the hob (in the absence of an oven) for 4 hours, with parsnips, carrots, onions (in the pot), sautéed potatoes, green beans and peas (cooked separately.) It was bloody excellent and made even better by the fact my wee smelt of asparagus after an asparagus and mayonnaise starter. A nice change from boring French food AGAIN!

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Roast Chicken, buttery mashed tatties , cauliflower cheese and some sweet corn.

Followed by rice pudding which I buggered up by making a little too sweet, serves me right for not measuring or using recipes!

mysteron

LE
Book Reviewer
As belly pork was on offer, we had slow roasted belly pork that was cured in thyme, star anise, cloves, salt and sugar. Slow cooked in stock, reserved and set to cool. Portioned, placed in a pan skin side down until crispy then in the oven for 12 mins.Meanwhile, I made a potato, parsnip & parmesan mash with brocolli, carrots. Finished with black pudding crumbled into broad beans and peas with a gravy/jus.

Sorted.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Cottage Pie with a cheddar crust.

PM if you'd like the recipe.

toasted ham, cheese and banana sandwich followed by trifle with a big blob of ice cream on top, my wife loved it, guess she is easily pleased, but I did do the washing up though while she watched tv

roast chicken with fennel and garlic, new potatoes, steamed cabbage and green beans and gravy - usual Sunday evening fayre

Cat sat looking longingly at the oven for last half hour of cooking time :D :D

Chicken breast, panfired with garlic, shallots and mushrooms then finished with tomato and demi-glace (gravy to the oiks) Accompanied by fried diced potatoes.
Dessert of lemon cheesecake made by her indoors.

jarrod248 said:
jagman said:
Chicken breast, panfired with garlic, shallots and mushrooms then finished with tomato and demi-glace (gravy to the oiks) Accompanied by fried diced potatoes.
I'm torn now :D
Tomorows dinner is-

Panfried strips of pork fillet, mushroom and shallots (I like mushrooms and shallots)
flambe'd with brandy and finished with double cream and a little wholegrain mustard

Might indulge Mrs Jagman and knock up Crêpe Suzette for pud :)

And yes, I am a fat bastard :D

Three frozen bratties and two fircadellen (sic?) with a large portion of mustard and mayo. No veg or carbs.
Been farting like a Alvis Stalwart for the last two hours.

jarrod248 said:
jagman said:
jarrod248 said:
jagman said:
I'm torn now :D
Tomorows dinner is-

Panfried strips of pork fillet, mushroom and shallots (I like mushrooms and shallots)
flambe'd with brandy and finished with double cream and a little wholegrain mustard

Might indulge Mrs Jagman and knock up Crêpe Suzette for pud :)

And yes, I am a fat bastard :D
Make it beef and i'll pack my bags.
Nah, if you want beef with a cream sauce then it needs to be strips of fillet with julienne of peppers (no green), paris brown mushrooms and sliced onion.
Flambe'd with a good brandy (use cheap booze and it will taste cheap) and then finish with double cream and paprika. Season very carefully with salt but no pepper. If you are bold let the cream go sour before you use it but thats not to everyones taste

If you are into fish, try dover sole gently grilled and topped with a sauce of mussels and prawns, flambe'd in Pernod and reduced cream.
You have to be quick with the sauce or you will massively overcook the mussels and prawns
Serve with rice.

With all of the Sunday roast leftovers, Monday is going to be a Bubble and Squeak day to use up the Veg

I am going to put the Sunday roast meat ( still on the bone ) with the chopped up spuds and what-not into a slow cook stew with a couple of fresh basil leaves ( morrisons do fresh basil plants now )

Nothing posh....just a big bowl of stew with a slab of bread and butter to scoop all the juice up with.

CountryGal

MIA
Book Reviewer
Cheese and worcester sauce on toast - The highlife I know :D
was washed down with a very good bottle of red wine though

jarrod248 said:
Peppers and fillet steak? Noooooooo, do it with the mushrooms and cream biatch i'm on my way.
you are SUCH a tart :mrgreen:

RiflemanTom

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
Tonight I cooked, bugger all. Me, the missus, my mate, and his wife, got to the pub at about five, had 3 courses, (Scalops, prawns, lamb, steak, cheese, brownies & icecream, etc. loads of drinks, and have just got a cab home. Not too tipsy, and ready for bed. A perfect Sunday.

A vegetable curry with loads of ingredients and fresh corriander - the result was bland, didn´t taste of anything and looked like baby puke. I could only rescue it with a generous squirt of Encona chilli sauce. Only two days left of cooking for my veggie sister in law!

CountryGal

MIA
Book Reviewer
My very first egg banjo, and even though i was apparantly taught by "the master", my own one was absolutely delicious :D