• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Tonight I cooked..........

Grilled spicy chicken breast. Hottish.

View attachment 356706
Good use of carrot there.
It saved you.. just.
Is the carrot inclined North to south though (as are the rules)? If so, would you be able to edit the picture into a 'north-up' representation.

:)

Those look handy but for microwaved poached eggs but do you have no mugs in your house?

Mug half full of water, add egg, add salt and pepper, cover the top of the mug and blitz for 1 minute.
Which tome or scholarly publication do you recommend to accompany such a dish?

I hold a difference between mashed and creamed potatoes.

Mashed has some texture, and I do not put milk in them. Dab of butter, but no milk. Sometimes jazz them up a bit with chopped onion, bacon, green onions etc. Only ever mash with a hand masher, and not too much of it.

Creamed has a sludge texture, with milk and butter. Viscosity adjusted by amount of milk/butter. Cream using a stick/immersion blender.

I like both, but prefer mashed. Wife prefers creamed. So she puts a massive wedge of butter on mashed, and further mashes it with her fork. I don't know why, but that pisses me off :)
Shit..I've realised I've done 3 posts in a row so will shoot myself but...

Where do you stand on 'crushed potatoes'?

How the feck am I supposed to reply to that??!!!!

I need help here - I'm squawking 7500!!!

Pan pan pan pan pan pan....

Unknown callsign squawking 7500 and declaring "pan", steer 090, climb 10ft. Expect short finals for bed on reaching 10ft. ZUI wife sleeping in bed already, disturb at own risk.

Unknown callsign squawking 7500 and declaring "pan", steer 090, climb 10ft. Expect short finals for bed on reaching 10ft. ZUI wife sleeping in bed already, disturb at own risk.
W@nker! :)

Eat the egg, ideally with some toast for starters.
If I blitz the mug contents, as instructed, I'm left with an emulsion of raw egg and cold water, which will instantly make my nice hot, buttered toast look and feel like a wee tramp's ancient pished mattress.

Shurely not even a dyed-in-the-wool porridge wog, bred as they are to regard as a royal treat, a diet largely comprising warm damp oats and offal-in-a-bladder, could contemplate ingesting such a travesty, much less at daybreak as a precursor to shouldering his caber to go a-stalking of the wild haggis up the Ben?! :-D

Tonights nosebag:

Oven baked chicken breasts, mashed potato, sliced sprouts, cabbage, onion, leeks, garlic and bacon bits.

tea.JPG

Pan fried salmon fillet with salad and mango chilli dressing.

IMG_20181011_172331401.jpg

It was just me for tea tonight so it was Chicken and Mushroom pie, mash and mushy peas [which will have me tootling on the botty flute in the morning no doubt]

Chicken breast stuffed with chorizo and extra mature cheddar and wrapped in smoked bacon served with chips, mixed veg and gravy.

20181011_201844-713x568.jpg
20181011_203030-750x760.jpg

Latest Threads