Tonight I cooked..........

Look the soup was made from left overs in the fridge, there wasn't any meat or barley in my fridge so it couldn't go in the soup.
If I'd gone to the shop for the ingredients it wouldn't be made from left overs.
You bunch of fucking morons
I believe I made that same point a little earlier.

Somewhat more delicately :wink:

Still, it's a fair bet that there's now no part of this thread's readership that won't have got the message :)

I believe I made that same point a little earlier.

Somewhat more delicately :wink:

Still, it's a fair bet that there's now no part of this thread's readership that won't have got the message :)
Oh, that's what that was about.
I don't do edumacated.

tonight , sausage mash and beans

local butchers steak sausage ( very little fat in the pan after they were cooked , lovely buttery mash not sloppy .....and beans,
beautiful
IMG_20181010_185417.jpg

tonight , sausage mash and beans

local butchers steak sausage ( very little fat in the pan after they were cooked , lovely buttery mash not sloppy .....and beans,
beautiful View attachment 356707
Fat is where the flavour is.
What's the point of avoiding fat in the sausages and then putting loads of butter in the mash.

What's the point of avoiding fat in the sausages and then putting loads of butter in the mash.
A good steak (IMHO) will have the fat marbled throughout, and not too much of it - so you get flavour, but you don't get a pointless puddle of grease in your pan after you cook it. I'm guessing that's how this one panned out (SWIDT?)

it's because the sausages I usually buy are full of the ******* stuff , these were succulent and there was very little fat in the frying pan.... and what else would you ******* put in mashed spuds.... don't even suggest olive oil or margarine in any of its modern guises

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
it's because the sausages I usually buy are full of the ******* stuff , these were succulent and there was very little fat in the frying pan.... and what else would you ******* put in mashed spuds.... don't even suggest olive oil or margarine in any of its modern guises
A good dollop* of English mustard or horseradish, lashings* of white pepper and a fuckton* of good mature cheddar!
(* all proper technical culinary terms)

In mashed spuds fuck all, creamed spuds I'd put butter and milk/cream.
You're a seriously shite chef.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Given the above comments regarding poaching and the romantic use of victorian porcelain coddling devices passed down through well heeled family fortunes, I thought I'd throw my method in to the mix. I've used this for the last 12 months plus and found it to be the best we have had. I've had the pans, the silicon cups and tried the cling film with varying results.
Using this is quick, easy and produces perfect results. (FYI I still have the packing as it has the destructions for use, which I keep forgetting!)
B&M, £1.99:
View attachment 356490
Those look handy but for microwaved poached eggs but do you have no mugs in your house?

Mug half full of water, add egg, add salt and pepper, cover the top of the mug and blitz for 1 minute.

Mug half full of water, add egg, add salt and pepper, cover the top of the mug and blitz for 1 minute.
My nearest B&M failed me the evening - them thar nukular egg poachers had sold out (good sign? Who can say?),

Hence, in the interim, I'm looking for alternatives.

But your guidance is unclear.

After I've blitzed my mugful of water an degg, with my stick blender - cuz they're designed for blitzkrieg - what do I do in the microwave to convert the result into a breakfast?

what do I do in the microwave to convert the result into a breakfast?
Eat the egg, ideally with some toast for starters.

In mashed spuds fuck all, creamed spuds I'd put butter and milk/cream.
You're a seriously shite chef.
from
Oh dear, piles irritating you again?
if you must criticise, at least get your facts right
after five minutes of research , every recipe for "Mashed potatoes is as near as identical as this one

Potatoes are blended with melted butter and milk to create perfectly smooth mashed potatoes.

however , for creamed potatoes

1. Wash and peel the potatoes and cut them into even sized chunks. Cook in salted water until tender.
  2. When the potatoes are tender, tilt the lid of the pan and pour off the water. Return to a gentle heat and with the lid half on continue cooking for 2 or 3 minutes until the potatoes are dry.
  3. Add the butter (as much as you like) and either crush the potatoes with a fork or a potato masher. Press them down firmly and pour over 0.25 pint of boiling milk which is enough for 1.5 to 2 lbs of boiling potatoes.
  4. Do not stir yet. Instead put the lid on the saucepan and let stand in a warm place until the main coarse is dished up. Just before sering beat the potatoes well with a wooden spoon until they are light and fluffy.
so , basically , no ******* difference

but you carry on squashing your tatties with a fork , it saves using a pot if you just squash them on the plate , like my 5 year old grandson does

A good dollop* of English mustard or horseradish, lashings* of white pepper and a fuckton* of good mature cheddar!
(* all proper technical culinary terms)
Yeeees agreed ,but hold the horseradish.... had a bad experience with horseradish , thanksgiving dinner/buffet in Las Vegas a few years back.... turkey and all the trimmings .... swear to God I thought that shit I piled on my plate was bread sauce until the first gobfull

from
Oh dear, piles irritating you again?
if you must criticise, at least get your facts right
after five minutes of research , every recipe for "Mashed potatoes is as near as identical as this one

Potatoes are blended with melted butter and milk to create perfectly smooth mashed potatoes.

however , for creamed potatoes

1. Wash and peel the potatoes and cut them into even sized chunks. Cook in salted water until tender.
  2. When the potatoes are tender, tilt the lid of the pan and pour off the water. Return to a gentle heat and with the lid half on continue cooking for 2 or 3 minutes until the potatoes are dry.
  3. Add the butter (as much as you like) and either crush the potatoes with a fork or a potato masher. Press them down firmly and pour over 0.25 pint of boiling milk which is enough for 1.5 to 2 lbs of boiling potatoes.
  4. Do not stir yet. Instead put the lid on the saucepan and let stand in a warm place until the main coarse is dished up. Just before sering beat the potatoes well with a wooden spoon until they are light and fluffy.
so , basically , no ******* difference

but you carry on squashing your tatties with a fork , it saves using a pot if you just squash them on the plate , like my 5 year old grandson does
I hold a difference between mashed and creamed potatoes.

Mashed has some texture, and I do not put milk in them. Dab of butter, but no milk. Sometimes jazz them up a bit with chopped onion, bacon, green onions etc. Only ever mash with a hand masher, and not too much of it.

Creamed has a sludge texture, with milk and butter. Viscosity adjusted by amount of milk/butter. Cream using a stick/immersion blender.

I like both, but prefer mashed. Wife prefers creamed. So she puts a massive wedge of butter on mashed, and further mashes it with her fork. I don't know why, but that pisses me off :)