Tonight I cooked..........

Tonights gourmet treat :rolleyes:, Chicken and prawn stir fry 'firecracker' with 5 grain rice:

brex 2.JPG

fire cracker.JPG

I added extra chili flakes, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, pak choi and a few other veg.
Even with the additional chili and ginger, it was nowhere near as hot as my Singapore noodle efforts.
I think I'm done with shop bought mixes.

Last edited:
Just to add my method of how to poach an egg. First you need an egg at least 10 days in date for a perfect result..
1. Bring at least 1.5 inches of water to the boil and lower to steady bubble. 2. Crack egg into a tea cup. 3. lower tea cup/s + egg/s into water for 20 seconds to very slightly firm up. 4. Remove tea cup and slide egg into lightly bubbling water and poach. 5. Remove egg with spatula and rest still on spatula to drain on kitchen paper, mop any top water with kitchen paper, then slide onto plate or whatever. Ta dah.

Last edited:
Cleared all the odd bits of veg out of the fridge and made brown.

20181009_191449-742x732.jpg

Veg soup.

Meh.

Wifey has a set of 4 nice blue-on-white (Royle Wooster?) egg coddlers on a wee shelf in the kitchen.

To coddle a degg in one, it is first greased with butter, and the egg broken into it. The whole shebang then takes a hot/not boiling bath for as long as it takes. Et voila, a few minutes later, lift the lid - and there's yer coddle degg.
===
Incidentally, many of you will know that Clement Freud was both a gourmand/chef and the grandson of Sigmund Freud, founding father of psychoanalysis.

What is lesser known, is that Siggi was also a bit of a whizz in the kitchen.

He came up with that famous dish where you take a egg or two, and some nice slices of bread, and place them in boiling oil for a few minutes.

Yes - you've guessed it. He invented Freud eggs, and Freud bread . . . . .

(and suddently you all want a 'Groan' button, like you've never wanted anything so bad since you were seven and expecting a bike/pony for Christmas :))
You may be right.
kbage_16353_1_195315_1_38903_1_48_1_246274.jpg

Ahem

When playing roulette with the contents of your fridge/freezer . . .

. . . how is it possible - in all logic - to omit from your 'recipe' (yeh, I know) ingredients that weren't in your fridge/freezer at the start of the game?
Clearly Kirkz should have nipped down to the shops skip and 'acquired' some while the veg was stewing.

Lazy tonight, Lidl frozen pizza with a bit of leftover stilton with the rind on. Stilton on pizza I think actually works fairly well.

Look the soup was made from left overs in the fridge, there wasn't any meat or barley in my fridge so it couldn't go in the soup.
If I'd gone to the shop for the ingredients it wouldn't be made from left overs.
You bunch of fucking morons

Tea tonight was 5 spice rubbed belly pork with fried rice and sweet chili sauce.

20181009_202210-639x609.jpg

Clearly Kirkz should have nipped down to the shops skip and 'acquired' some while the veg was stewing.

Lazy tonight, Lidl frozen pizza with a bit of leftover stilton with the rind on. Stilton on pizza I think actually works fairly well.
That is a top tip btw, LIDL do cheesy garlic bread (read pizza bases) for 89p Add anything you like on top but for that price it's not worth getting the rolling pin out or ringing your local turkish immigrants

Look the soup was made from left overs in the fridge, there wasn't any meat or barley in my fridge so it couldn't go in the soup.
If I'd gone to the shop for the ingredients it wouldn't be made from left overs.
You bunch of fucking morons
Still time, chuck.
Get some scrag end of lamb or oxtail, Morrisons sell it cheap, chuck it in, grab a handful of skipped out of date barley and bingo....brown 'n beige.

Still time, chuck.
Get some scrag end of lamb or oxtail, Morrisons sell it cheap, chuck it in, grab a handful of skipped out of date barley and bingo....brown 'n beige.
To be honest just about anything that gets left this week will end up in there, by Friday it'll be more of a stew.

Just looking through a few emails and looked at one from Morrisons club. Quite a few good looking easy recipes to have a crack at. Let us all know if you decide to have a go at any of them, I'm going to try the fish frittata but make it slimming world friendly.
I'll post it up on Friday.
Fish Frittata
Morrisons - Recipes

Latest Threads