• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Tonight I cooked..........

As said, wash out the bird, and place a beer can in the cavity, and stand it upright on the grill grate (or oven tray). Cook for a couple hours, job done. The fat drains out into a drip tray, so the meat is less fatty, and the beer steams into the meat to replace the moisture lost from the fat. Obviously you open the can :)

There are specific products for improving the method - like the "sittin chicken" - search the thread for that term, I have posted about it before, like the old tramp was whining about :)

As said, wash out the bird, and place a beer can in the cavity, and stand it upright on the grill grate (or oven tray). Cook for a couple hours, job done. The fat drains out into a drip tray, so the meat is less fatty, and the beer steams into the meat to replace the moisture lost from the fat. Obviously you open the can :)

There are specific products for improving the method - like the "sittin chicken" - search the thread for that term, I have posted about it before, like the old tramp was whining about :)
But we have real beer here, not p155 water. Would have to drink have the can first?

Thanks mate, mentioned it to t'wife, all she's worried about is the print on the can coming off.
Well it doesn't, but even if it did, you don't eat the ribcage anyway. It certainly doesn't come off the ceramic of the sittin chicken, which I've used for years.

But we have real beer here, not p155 water. Would have to drink have the can first?
Fvck's sake, it's the Spanish fvcking Inquistion :)

We have real beer too. Plenty of it. But I haven't used a beer can in a long time. I drink Wobbly out of preference, but I use whatever's the cheapest, shittiest beer I have in the fridge at the time. I'm not drinking it :)

Pan fried salmon fillets and avocado salad with chilli lemon dressing.

IMG_20180925_174345034.jpg

@ExREME..TECH - Sorry, missed the earlier post. I am not sure there's a difference. The stuff I can buy here is made in the UK, and called "Colman's Original Mustard", but labeled for the US. Maybe there is a strength difference, but I'm not sure. I use it sparingly, so perhaps I'll slap it on tomorrow's butties and report back.
View attachment 354457

View attachment 354458
For comparison
20180927_100058-400x600.jpg
20180927_100115-400x600.jpg

There's appears to be an extra ingredient in the UK version (xanthan gum) and they specify the percentage of mustard flour.

I'm right-handed, but for some reason only the Gods know, I have never been able to use a knife and fork the correct way.

This is despite many, many clips across the ear from my father and tellings off from my mother. :crazy:
Hmm.

I was born left-handed, and as a achild I used to reverse the place settings.

At some point, growing fed up with the inconvenience, I sckuled meself to dine like a right hander.

As an adult, I am now right-hand dominant (throwing stuff, shooting, punching, arm-wrestling, archery etcetera) in everything except handwriting, having first goen through a period in adolescence (O Level Art) when I could wield a paintbrush ambidextrously. I have lost this aptitude since.

Trust me on this - you're a sinisterist, and that's a good thing. My hypothesis is the process of (even unintentionally) learning to be right handed in early childhood will have stimulated the development of synapses in your brain, thereby enhancing your brain's processing ability (AKA your intelligence) :)

How do you cook pork loin steaks in a pan and keep them tender ?

I done some last night and they were like the front armour of a Panzer IV.

I haven't got time to brine them, and I like em well done.

Hmm.

I was born left-handed, and as a achild I used to reverse the place settings.

At some point, growing fed up with the inconvenience, I sckuled meself to dine like a right hander.

As an adult, I am now right-hand dominant (throwing stuff, shooting, punching, arm-wrestling, archery etcetera) in everything except handwriting, having first goen through a period in adolescence (O Level Art) when I could wield a paintbrush ambidextrously. I have lost this aptitude since.

Trust me on this - you're a sinisterist, and that's a good thing. My hypothesis is the process of (even unintentionally) learning to be right handed in early childhood will have stimulated the development of synapses in your brain, thereby enhancing your brain's processing ability (AKA your intelligence) :)
I'm not so sure, I have 4 elder siblings and I'm sure one of them would have mentioned that I was born left-handed (in the snide, cruel way elder siblings point out any perceived faults in younger siblings), even if my parents forgot to say anything. My mother certainly wasn't the type of person to force a left-hander into right-handed ways.

All I know is when I try to hold my knife and fork the "right" way, my elbows go up and I resemble a demented duck. It's easier to just suffer the comments from people telling me I'm holding my cutlery the "wrong" way.

Latest Threads