• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Tonight I cooked..........

Chicken and stuffing sandwiches for lunch today, with crusty bread I made yesterday too.

Untitled 2.jpg

Chicken thighs cooked in korma sauce ( from a bag ), fried spinach and rice.
I'd love to say summat flash about how the spices were bought from an Asian shop and ground by hand to an ancient recipe given to a forebear by a Moghul prince in return for not getting shot, but I'd be outed like tofu at a barbeque.
Didnt tast bad though - sauce was Tiger Tiger brand.

Looks good mate. I'd have been tempted to throw some Colman's at it.

Edit: appreciate that might be difficult to get your hands on where you are though!
Yank Coleman's is not very hot

Luckily the English stuff is though. I have that on my sandwich for tomorrow - Colman's, Quorn 'chicken' and a demi-baguette.

Quorn 'chicken' being as foul as it sounds.
Bin the pretend stuff and have extra mustard

Luckily the English stuff is though. I have that on my sandwich for tomorrow - Colman's, Quorn 'chicken' and a demi-baguette.

Quorn 'chicken' being as foul as it sounds.
I've been called weird for putting Colmans on chicken and turkey. Nice to know I'm not the only one to do it.

Looks good mate. I'd have been tempted to throw some Colman's at it.

Edit: appreciate that might be difficult to get your hands on where you are though!
Thanks for the suggestion; I don't think I've ever had mustard on chicken. There's a bit left, so I will probably have the same for lunch tomorrow. I do have Colman's, my local supermarket sells it. Probably 3x what it costs in the UK, but it's still only a couple dollars for the small jar.

Thanks for the suggestion; I don't think I've ever had mustard on chicken. There's a bit left, so I will probably have the same for lunch tomorrow. I do have Colman's, my local supermarket sells it. Probably 3x what it costs in the UK, but it's still only a couple dollars for the small jar.
Want me to send you some? dry stuff would be cheaper

Mustard on everything, including cornflakes

Want me to send you some? dry stuff would be cheaper
Thanks for the offer mate, but I have both dry and ready-made. The cost difference between say Tesco and here would be eaten up with the postage anyway, unless I had you buy a case of it. The small jar lasts me 6-9 months. But many thanks again for the offer.

@ExREME..TECH - Sorry, missed the earlier post. I am not sure there's a difference. The stuff I can buy here is made in the UK, and called "Colman's Original Mustard", but labeled for the US. Maybe there is a strength difference, but I'm not sure. I use it sparingly, so perhaps I'll slap it on tomorrow's butties and report back.
IMG_0177.JPG

IMG_5973.JPG

Goi
@ExREME..TECH - Sorry, missed the earlier post. I am not sure there's a difference. The stuff I can buy here is made in the UK, and called "Colman's Original Mustard", but labeled for the US. Maybe there is a strength difference, but I'm not sure. I use it sparingly, so perhaps I'll slap it on tomorrow's butties and report back.
View attachment 354457

View attachment 354458
going to see a mate at nATO JFC soon. He has an AFPO box so cheap postage

Tonight's dinner was chicken/ham/mushroom pie, cheesy layered potato bake, veg and gravy.

Pie and potatoes out of the oven:

IMG_2331.JPG

Plated:

IMG_9100.JPG

With gravy and mint sauce on the veg:

IMG_4900.JPG

I've been called weird for putting Colmans on chicken and turkey. Nice to know I'm not the only one to do it.
Must agree with chicken and stuffing sarnies, but I much prefer my Colman's made up with powder out of the tin. Bestestestist hot.

Must agree with chicken and stuffing sarnies, but I much prefer my Colman's made up with powder out of the tin. Bestestestist hot.
Mixing your own is always the way to go.

View attachment 354457

View attachment 354458
Don't know how much longer it will have made in England on em, the Colmans Factory at Norwich is being closed down. Flaming Unilever.

Bowl of soup and another chicken & stuffing sarnie for lunch. With lashings of Colman's mustard. I am sold on mustard with chicken - cheers @Sixty and @ExREME..TECH for the prompting!

IMG_7287.JPG

Latest Threads