• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Tonight I cooked..........

Roast pork loin, goose fat roast potty toes, cavalo nero, stuffing, roast onion, cider cream gravy.

20180923_190316_resized.jpg

And this, kids, is why when chefs on TV recommend using the guide/guard on a kitchen mandolin, do what they f'kin say!!
Mandolin you say?
I bet you hit C sharp when you did that.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Mandolin you say?
I bet you hit C sharp when you did that.
It's your bloody fault, I was slicing the spuds for that Chicken/Chorizo dish you had the other night!

I’m looking forward to Joker’s upcoming Serrano ham-based creation!

And this, kids, is why when chefs on TV recommend using the guide/guard on a kitchen mandolin, do what they f'kin say!!
That looks like a women’s hand, my god chap safety first.

With the meds you're on, I bet the claret pissed out!

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Hmmmm. Might want to mention that to the quack next time you see him/her/it.
It isn't that deep, just looks it. Meds are doing their job though, slightest knock leads to a massive bruise, so blood thinners are definitely working.

Beer can chicken, baked and mashed potatoes, stuffing, veg and onion gravy last night.

IMG_5783.JPG

mandolins are for people with bad knife skills
Or for suckers like me who could never go to an Ideal Home Exhibition without buying one of everything that was being demonstrated. I have a mandolin with various slicing attachments sourced from an Ideal Home Exhibition c. 1992. sitting in its pristine box in the back of a kitchen cupboard.

Number of times used? Nil.

But at least I have retained all my body parts.

Latest Threads