• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Tonight I cooked..........

I'm making a homemade chilli sauce with (surprisingly) some chillies I've discovered in the fridge. They are those small fiddly feckers - anyone know a quick way of de-seeding them?

House stinks at moment - Porton Down would probably learn a thing or two from this.
I'm going to call the finished result 'Novichok'.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I'm making a homemade chilli sauce with (surprisingly) some chillies I've discovered in the fridge. They are those small fiddly feckers - anyone know a quick way of de-seeding them?

House stinks at moment - Porton Down would probably learn a thing or two from this.
I'm going to call the finished result 'Novichok'.
Wuss, just leave the seeds in!

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Cheese and onion omelette but it was not exactly photogenic. Tasty though.

Chicken and Chorizo casserole topped with cheese and served with peas and broard beans.

20180918_200636-712x588.jpg
20180918_200948-735x859.jpg

You have weird posties where you are, our issue shorts are blue.
Not that I've ever worn them.
Neither has he ever taken a pic of his home cooked food.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Wuss, just leave the seeds in!
Recipe I've used is:
Chillies
Garlic
Onion
Cumin, star anise, smoked paprika, salt, brown sugar.
Tinned chopped tomatoes, cider vinegar.

Have done the frying the garlic/onion/chillies thing and blended all together, now simmering in a pan.

Would it be safe to keep it in one of those squeazy ketchup bottles in the fridge?

Spuds, chicken, chorizo, stock and cheese, yeah? MIght give it a bash over the weekend.
Pretty much, yeah, sliced chicken breast in the layers and chorizo on top, I used a chicken and a vegetable stock pot to make the stock with a teaspoon of mustard and mixed herbs.

Looking very pale..like one of those Nandos piri-piri things.
Have tasted it though and its nuclear!

2018-09-18 20.55.00.jpg

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Recipe I've used is:
Chillies
Garlic
Onion
Cumin, star anise, smoked paprika, salt, brown sugar.
Tinned chopped tomatoes, cider vinegar.

Have done the frying the garlic/onion/chillies thing and blended all together, now simmering in a pan.

Would it be safe to keep it in one of those squeazy ketchup bottles in the fridge?
All depends on how long it's going to be hanging about. Kilner jars or jam jars are better for this kind of thing as they more easily sterilised.

Tidying up the fridge of stuff that's going out of date so pie, green beans and asparagus. Plus I found some suitably cultured reading material. The asparagus was a bit overcooked but still tasty.

piebook.jpg

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Tidying up the fridge of stuff that's going out of date so pie, green beans and asparagus. Plus I found some suitably cultured reading material. The asparagus was a bit overcooked but still tasty.

View attachment 352901
Fuck me, did you pour or shovel that gravy on?

@Kirkz - you've got serious competition here mate.

I'd be at browntion stations if I were you!

View attachment 352901
The number of times I've been at the scran counter and been greeted with two identical containers..one gravy, one chocolate sauce...and got them both mixed up and...to save face...just accepted it without flinching.

Latest Threads