Tonight I cooked..........

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Use gingerbread next time with marmalade spread on it, handful of raisins and a sprinkling of cinnamon. Chuck in a few slivers of pickled ginger too if you like. Usual egg, milk and sugar beaten and poured over it all then a sprinkling of brown sugar before going in the oven.
That's for bread and butter pudding, bread pudding is something totally different.
Bread pudding

Ah, gottit! Must say, I prefer the bread and butter pud. Bread pud sounds a bit dry. Assumption being a shed load of custard will fix anything.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Ah, gottit! Must say, I prefer the bread and butter pud. Bread pud sounds a bit dry. Assumption being a shed load of custard will fix anything.
Try it, it's lush. Crispy on the outside, moist on the inside.

Try a couple of teaspoons of gravy browning (caramel ) in it...... gives a lovely deep brown colour .
A couple of teaspoons ?
If it's the same stuff I use then about 1/4 of a teaspoon can turn a pint of white sauce to a dark brown colour.

Try this as well....... I'm certain the recipe originated in Naples, then crossed the Atlantic to the US .

Pasta Patatas e Provelo

3 spring onions, or 1 small onion, chopped fine

3 tbsp decent olive oil (doesn't need to be extra virgin, can overpower the dish)

2 slices smoked bacon

Around 7ozs 1/2" chunked potato

7oz short pasta shapes (Tradition says it must be 3 or 4 different shapes if you have them)

5oz smoked provelone cheese (very difficult to get, so I use a ball of mozarella and some grated parmesan)

5 cherry tomatoes, quartered

2 cloves of garlic

1 pot of vegetable stock in a mug of water and a glass of white wine

Gently fry the garlic and potatoes for 10 minutes, while bringing the stock to simmer, (it goes really well with a part baked ciabatta put in a hot oven at the same time)

Add the bacon and onion to the potatoes, upping the heat till it starts to cook, stirring to prevent sticking, then back to simmer.

At the same time, add the pasta to the stock, bring back to the boil, then down to simmer, check the bread, should be about ready.

In 5- 10 minutes, it should all be ready, the potato mix should be tender, the pasta tender and slightly soupy, add more boiling water if needed, but do not drain.

Finely slice the mozzarella, add the cheese and potato mix to the pasta, stir gently until the cheese has melted through, serve at once with chunks of bread.

Top with a little fresh parsley and basil

Serves 2.

This was poor people's food, now a real favourite, but everyone makes it differently, try it then alter to suit yourself, add chilis etc

Try this as well....... I'm certain the recipe originated in Naples, then crossed the Atlantic to the US .

Pasta Patatas e Provelo

3 tbsp decent olive oil (doesn't need to be extra virgin, can overpower the dish)

2 slices smoked bacon

7oz short pasta shapes (Tradition says it must be 3 or 4 different shapes if you have them)

5oz smoked provelone cheese (very difficult to get, so I use a ball of mozarella and some grated parmesan)

2 cloves of garlic

Gently fry the garlic and potatoes for 10 minutes, while bringing the stock to simmer, (it goes really well with a part baked ciabatta put in a hot oven at the same time)

Add the bacon and onion to the potatoes, upping the heat till it starts to cook, stirring to prevent sticking, then back to simmer.

At the same time, add the pasta to the stock, bring back to the boil, then down to simmer, check the bread, should be about ready.

In 5- 10 minutes, it should all be ready, the potato mix should be tender, the pasta tender and slightly soupy, add more boiling water if needed, but do not drain.

Finely slice the mozzarella, add the cheese and potato mix to the pasta, stir gently until the cheese has melted through, serve at once with chunks of bread.

Serves 2.

This was poor people's food, now a real favourite, but everyone makes it differently, try it then alter to suit yourself, add chilis etc
Why not start a recipe thread seeing as you don't actually cook anything.

I just had two very out of date M&S crème caramels.

I think I've done it this time.

Anyone got any horse strength imodium ?

Or a cork ?
Fallen off the diabetes wagon again?

And all for a couple of manky crème caramels?

You is a sad lad. :razz:

I had eight Bird's Eye fish fingers & a pile of Aldi crinkle cut oven chips with grated cheese but that's because I've been energetic all day, so earned it.
Back to boring old ribeye steak & salad tomorrow...:mrgreen:

Fallen off the diabetes wagon again?

And all for a couple of manky crème caramels?

You is a sad lad. :razz:

I had eight Bird's Eye fish fingers & a pile of Aldi crinkle cut oven chips with grated cheese but that's because I've been energetic all day, so earned it.
Back to boring old ribeye steak & salad tomorrow...:mrgreen:
I'm down to a 40" waist FFS !

Any more salad and it will be the Bengal famine all over again !

I'm down to a 40" waist FFS !

Any more salad and it will be the Bengal famine all over again !
Keep it up matey. the end result's worth it, as in you ent going to be dead yet.
I've dropped 36lb now, despite still indulging in IPA. Walking & hiking 5-6 days a week makes a BIG difference.

Pasta Patatas e Provelo

2 slices smoked bacon

2 cloves of garlic

Serves 2.

Any pics?