Tonight I cooked..........

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Currently deployed to Japan and docked in a big US Navy yard.

They have BBQ shacks dotted around the base and a massive PX so we’ve been largely surviving on burnt meat to avoid the horrors of the galley onboard.

For 10 dollars a man I’ve been able to fire out some absolute wins including some shite American piss to wash it all down.

The absolute showstopper is big strips of flank steak rubbed in Old El Paso taco seasoning. Pork fillet steaks marinated in honey BBQ sauce also a win.
D2F0EA92-1657-46AD-8EEE-2FE7406D77E8.jpeg
9461CB66-2496-4BEB-B97F-B8B5BD4F374F.jpeg
CA64401D-6C54-4097-8F74-FE78387BF7C4.jpeg
99E4D96E-34FE-4311-A444-949E7F3434FF.jpeg

In a sandy place now where there's not much pork to be had. The stuff we do get has been sacrilegiously treated by a Chinese cook so it's mostly inedible. Slobbering down my shirt here.

In a sandy place now where there's not much pork to be had. The stuff we do get has been sacrilegiously treated by a Chinese cook so it's mostly inedible. Slobbering down my shirt here.
Have a pork pie and console yourself.

Pah! Indulging in a mug of Yorkshire tea right now. Colleague brought me a box in exchange for biltong and dried mango. Not a bad drop but a little weak for my taste. I find Five Roses to be stronger and more flavourful.

The pork pies will be part of my pig out when i get home, along with steak and gallons of ale. For now I shall console myself with biltong, mettenden and Kolbasz sausage.

Belly pork (£1.99 at Aldi! Bargain!) marinated in Korean sauce (no idea - it was in the fridge) for a few hours, then thrown in the oven for a bit (the grill hates me), in the meantime - chuck half a bag of pre-packed mushroom stir-fry, couple of spring onions, a pouch of already cooked dingy egg fried rice into the wok, throw some of that Korean sauce in there with some chilli flakes and soy sauce. Cook it.

bellypork.jpg

The rest of the stirfry stuff will go with the steaks tomorrow. Probably. There's a good likelihood it'll sit in the bottom of the fridge for a week until I go to get some bacon out and find it again.

I bought an edam cheese only to find it was dry and flaky.
I used a BBC recipe for Stilton soup (less the leeks, which we cannot get) and it came out quite nice.
Bad news is that the freezer is now half full of containers of cheese soup.

Pah! Indulging in a mug of Yorkshire tea right now. Colleague brought me a box in exchange for biltong and dried mango. Not a bad drop but a little weak for my taste. I find Five Roses to be stronger and more flavourful.

The pork pies will be part of my pig out when i get home, along with steak and gallons of ale. For now I shall console myself with biltong, mettenden and Kolbasz sausage.
The best tea we can manage in the Philippines is M&S Builders tea, when they have it, but you also have to shop ex-pat style, ie, screw every other ex-pat, don't buy one packet, buy the shelf, because that shelf will be bare the following day.

Tonight I opened and microwaved a can of Cheese and Spaghetti with some corned beef as a hash. Lovelry grub. Reminds me of the Compo Rations we had in BAOR< Germany when on schemes in the 1960s.

The best tea we can manage in the Philippines is M&S Builders tea, when they have it, but you also have to shop ex-pat style, ie, screw every other ex-pat, don't buy one packet, buy the shelf, because that shelf will be bare the following day.
Ringtons will do international orders.
I buy their Phulbari Assam tea 5kg at a time, though they do it in teabags for southern softies. :mrgreen: