Tonight I cooked..........

Our local Aldi is closing for a week for a refurb so we took advantage of the cheapie bargains available. This was tonight's dinner, one each as it came out of the packet, creamy mash with a crispy topping and the mince was delicious too, if you see it, buy it, well worth the expense (I think we paid £1.50 for
There's a few of their ready meal range that are quite good. And they freeze, very handy when time is tight.

I've turned to the Dark Side and had a little foray into the Aldi this afternoon. How very exciting!

These are mini pork sausages with British mature cheddar and smoky bacon*, on little Warbys' toast, with lashings and lashings of tomato sauce and Colmans:

saus1.jpg

Yes, I positioned them so the radishes look like bollocks.

saus2.jpg

Jolly nice. I've also got some belly pork and 21 day matured beef medallion steaks to play with over the weekend. I think I'll like shopping there.

*Don't know why they'd put bacon in a sausage, but it's fine by me.

I've turned to the Dark Side and had a little foray into the Aldi this afternoon. How very exciting!

These are mini pork sausages with British mature cheddar and smoky bacon*, on little Warbys' toast, with lashings and lashings of tomato sauce and Colmans:

View attachment 343097

View attachment 343098

Jolly nice. I've also got some belly pork and 21 day matured beef medallion steaks to play with over the weekend. I think I'll like shopping there.

Sounds positively revolting, but had the devil's condiment been replaced with something else, almost anything else, including "nothing", it would have sounded quite delicious!

The toast in particular looks superb. Have a like for the toast!

Sounds positively revolting, but had the devil's condiment been replaced with something else, almost anything else, including "nothing", it would have sounded quite delicious!

The toast in particular looks superb. Have a like for the toast!
and have a like for more than one sausage...

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
She's a Scouser therefore tomato ketchup counts as haute cuisine.

She's a Scouser therefore tomato ketchup counts as haute cuisine.
Well so am I (kind of :) ), as you yourself have reminded me, on occasion. Tommy K belongs in Porton Down, Russian intelligence officers' briefcases and nowhere else!

View attachment 343097

View attachment 343098

Looked awesome right up to the point you cut them into triangles.

Looked awesome right up to the point you cut them into triangles.
I'll remember that for next time you're round for breakfast.

Says he who smokes everything, so all you taste is bonfire.
Perhaps there's some misunderstanding of the Kamado style of cookers. Yes, I do indeed smoke hams, beef and other meats. Indirect at 215F, smoking indeed.

Last night I used it for bratties and a couple chicken breasts, direct heat at 400F. The fat drips on the coals and creates the classic BBQ taste. Not smoking in terms of deliberately acquiring the wood smoke in the meat.

Tonight, I made pizza at 650F. At 650, there is no smoke, it's just redders heat, exceeding what a typical kitchen oven is capable of. I made 4 pizzas, they took about 3 1/2 minutes each. Not enough time to absorb any smoke, regardless. Here's the leftovers:

IMG_2036.JPG

As I have spent sometime over the pond I've gotten used to some smoked food, but it's definitely not first in the queue. Anything other than very lightly smoked can go out the window.

As I have spent sometime over the pond I've gotten used to some smoked food, but it's definitely not first in the queue. Anything other than very lightly smoked can go out the window.
Do you have a saucer of milk with all your meals? ;) BBQ puts hair on your chest.

I think it's a matter of familiarity more than anything. My wife and kids can't stand anything with a hint of curry, they say it obscures the taste of whatever's in it. Yet in the UK, that would be not at all unusual. Indeed, to dislike it would be unusual. As it is here with BBQ.

Personally I like nearly all styles of cooking. I almost found nirvana last week in Nashville. Tandoori Chicken Poutine. Emphasis on the poutine.

No, I like to taste what I'm eating not just some smoke and can't discern what I'm eating.
I’ve had bad BBQ so I know what you’re saying. Like any seasoning, smoke is best when applied in moderation. Fortunately I live in North Carolina, where BBQ is taken very seriously.

I think it's a matter of familiarity more than anything. My wife and kids can't stand anything with a hint of curry, they say it obscures the taste of whatever's in it. Yet in the UK, that would be not at all unusual. Indeed, to dislike it would be unusual. As it is here with BBQ.

Personally I like nearly all styles of cooking. I almost found nirvana last week in Nashville. Tandoori Chicken Poonani. Emphasis on the Poonani

Praise be to the lord.