Tonight I cooked..........

I had salt and pepper belly pork with stir fried veg and noodles in black bean sauce.
20180717_220233-745x706.jpg

I had stewed mince, new taties & broccolli.

Hardly inspiring but did what was needed (oh & the mince had an OXO cube, two bay leaves, a pinch of thyme, some mushroom sauce stuff & gravy granules added).

Not worth a fotie.

Bratwurst, it's the in thing and no toling over a hot sto e (well not much anyway)

Bratwurst.jpg

greyfergie

MIA
Book Reviewer

Bunch of gizzits really, mate had lots of runners in his garden and some spuds. Eggs curtesy of one of my clients and the fish was on special offer as it was at its sell by date - £1.50! Bargain.... bit of butter and wine and bobs yer uncle....

Bunch of gizzits really, mate had lots of runners in his garden and some spuds. Eggs curtesy of one of my clients and the fish was on special offer as it was at its sell by date - £1.50! Bargain.... bit of butter and wine and bobs yer uncle....
All nestled on a hideously patterned plate, top marks.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Our local Aldi is closing for a week for a refurb so we took advantage of the cheapie bargains available. This was tonight's dinner, one each as it came out of the packet, creamy mash with a crispy topping and the mince was delicious too, if you see it, buy it, well worth the expense (I think we paid £1.50 for each one due to the closing down.).

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Nope, 'twas Crème Anglaise. I.e. no cornflower was used.

Proper custard is thick and lumpy and covers my Spotted Dick. Crème Anglaise is thin and creamy, and dribbles down the current mrs_mush's chin.
Luckily you are far too young ever to have experienced the custard my mother used to make (or think she made).

How many slices each did you get?
It never got that far. I think some poor people used it to line their shoes.

Our local Aldi is closing for a week for a refurb so we took advantage of the cheapie bargains available. This was tonight's dinner, one each as it came out of the packet, creamy mash with a crispy topping and the mince was delicious too, if you see it, buy it, well worth the expense (I think we paid £1.50 for each one due to the closing down.).

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I’m intrigued by the “selected by our experts” motif.
Where does one train for, and apply to be an Aldi cottage pie expert?

Just imagine using that fûcker as a chat up line...would kick the dolphin trainers into the long grass!