Tonight I cooked..........

I'm busy chilling out after having stents put in, wedding anniversary lunch yesterday at Borough Market and getting prepared for a BBQ on Sat for the wife's birthday.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Lordy, lordy, it's a miracle.

Friday supper - Chaource& Morbier Ash with the last of the quails' eggs bought for my curry:

IMG_0315.jpg

Sunday dinner. Chicken marinated in miso, peanut butter & soy sauce with assorted healthy stuff:

IMG_0335.jpg

Nope, 'twas Crème Anglaise. I.e. no cornflower was used.

Proper custard is thick and lumpy and covers my Spotted Dick. Crème Anglaise is thin and creamy, and dribbles down the current mrs_mush's chin.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

Proper custard is thick and lumpy and covers my Spotted Dick. Crème Anglaise is thin and creamy, and dribbles down the current mrs_mush's chin.
There's no cornflour used in proper custard either:- Custard - Wikipedia
Crème anglaise - Wikipedia
If you're using cornflour to thicken it, you aren't using enough egg yolks!

I got the joke :)

What @Joker62 said.
There was a joke in there?
If there was it was as funny as calling custard something foreign.

The usual "comfort food". Caulicheese and jacket spuds, scooped out, mushed up with some butter and Nice Cheese* , pushed back in and thrown back in the oven.

cc1.jpg

*Nice Cheese = Wensleydale Double Gloucester with Onion and Chives. @celticguy

Oi been jammin' again.
Tesco had shitloads of apricots knocked down to 10p a punnet because the odd fruit was going over, so I had 20 of them away.
Stewed & froze half of them for making pies, crumbles & sponges & the rest have just been turned into jam.
I even knocked up some labels.*

DSC_1936 (2).jpg

*No, you can all feckoff; I ain't joining the WI.
1finger.gif

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Chicken breasts stuffed with chilli halloumi and wrapped in bacon served with a green salad, German style potato salad and coleslaw with grated stilton. Saw the Dr this morning and he was worried that I'm not eating enough veg, so has shoved me on a low carb, high protein diet, so meat of varying forms and salad it is (for now).

Chicken breasts stuffed with chilli halloumi and wrapped in bacon served with a green salad, German style potato salad and coleslaw with grated stilton. Saw the Dr this morning and he was worried that I'm not eating enough veg, so has shoved me on a low carb, high protein diet, so meat of varying forms and salad it is (for now).

I appreciate that you are making dietary changes and going in the right direction. Something I found in Morrison's recently is "ranch salad". Lots of nice salad with some grated cheese, dressing and smoky crunchy bits. Rather than seeing salad as something to have to persevere through it was nice and tasty. The saturated fats were a bit higher than I would usually have but I could choose whether to have the cheese or not. Add some chopped apple to it and you might find you enjoy eating more salad. Just a thought.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I appreciate that you are making dietary changes and going in the right direction. Something I found in Morrison's recently is "ranch salad". Lots of nice salad with some grated cheese, dressing and smoky crunchy bits. Rather than seeing salad as something to have to persevere through it was nice and tasty. The saturated fats were a bit higher than I would usually have but I could choose whether to have the cheese or not. Add some chopped apple to it and you might find you enjoy eating more salad. Just a thought.
I don't have a problem with eating salad although my shape might say otherwise. Gotta lay off fruit, which although healthy, is detrimental to my diabetes so no apple. When autumn/winter hits, I'll be eating more proper veg rather than rabbit food.

I don't have a problem with eating salad although my shape might say otherwise. Gotta lay off fruit, which although healthy, is detrimental to my diabetes so no apple. When autumn/winter hits, I'll be eating more proper veg rather than rabbit food.

Fruit was definitely a big part of the issue for me so apart from an occasional banana for breakfast all but cut out. Fruit juice is deadly too.

Latest Threads