Tonight I cooked..........

Cracking looking pizzas. Love the well done edges, exactly as I like them.

I was always a bit disappointed with pizza in America. It always seemed a bit soggy and tasteless. I would have paid folding money for those (well, apart from the pudding one).

A Boxhead friend introduced me to these indoor pizza ovens:
52A70CBA-6DD7-4C1C-8B30-76B9E4D71642.jpeg

Pretty good.

I used to go the whole hog and make the base and the tomato sauce. Then I realised they were not much of an improvement on shop bought (possible heresy for the cooks on here) so I bought stonebaked pizza and pimped it up.

It also had a non-stick dish for cooking frittata but that wasn’t much of an improvement on a frying pan so I binned it.

How high did you drop them from?
About half an inch. I only have wooden peels, so what happens is the shape gets discombobulated when it slides off the peel onto the stone. If it wasn't 375C in there, I'd be able to re-shape on the stone. But my hands aren't asbestos :)

One of these is in my future. I just need to find the justification for $300 outlay.

I have spent my life looking for the perfect pizza (although I have done some other stuff) and have found the best ones in Naples (probably not surprising really).

Something like this probably fits the bill:

581F2612-0479-4901-9DD1-70FF4D47E493.jpeg

Naples has a pizza regulatory body, the Associazone Verace Pizza Napoletano which sort of translates into the Naples Real Pizza Authority.

Their detailed instructions for making “approved” pizzas are here:
http://www.pizzanapoletana.org/public/pdf/disciplinare 2008 UK.pdf

Interesting read for the pizza enthusiast. Especially the ruling that they can only be cooked for 60-90 seconds at 485C (I was told it was 45 seconds max but that was incorrect).

Hot and fast. The way to go.

Anyway, enough of this. Back to previous nights scoffs that I actually cooked (rather than dreamed about).

Dago meatballs and butter bean casserole. Salad and sourdough baguette (new in Tesco. Good).
55255AFD-9125-4471-A949-A3A7D12067DE.jpeg

Bacon and cabbage. King Ted’s. Ran out of fresh parsley so no sauce,) Looks a bit dull but with six ounces of butter, three of black pepper and four pots of mustard it was fine.
6F3281C7-05C7-4912-8648-EA985BB3EFB8.jpeg

Hong Kong Phooey starter/side. Chilli lime kebabs (?) and spring rolls.
BA85D8F7-CD36-4794-88B5-48C210B0AA39.jpeg

Sort of Singapore Noodles (made with spaghetti. I suppose I could argue it was a tribute to Marco Polo bringing back noodles from China but really I couldn’t be arrsed going out for rice noodles.
87ED2A03-FE21-4B86-BD27-394DDA56FB6A.jpeg

Oddly enough there is about eight ounces of sliced pork in there somewhere.

About half an inch. I only have wooden peels, so what happens is the shape gets discombobulated when it slides off the peel onto the stone. If it wasn't 375C in there, I'd be able to re-shape on the stone. But my hands aren't asbestos :)

One of these is in my future. I just need to find the justification for $300 outlay.

Ten points for using the word ‘discombobulated’ !

I have spent my life looking for the perfect pizza (although I have done some other stuff) and have found the best ones in Naples (probably not surprising really).

Something like this probably fits the bill:

View attachment 339704

Naples has a pizza regulatory body, the Associazone Verace Pizza Napoletano which sort of translates into the Naples Real Pizza Authority.

Their detailed instructions for making “approved” pizzas are here:
http://www.pizzanapoletana.org/public/pdf/disciplinare 2008 UK.pdf

Hot and fast. The way to go.
There's a pizza restaurant in Herne Bay that has accreditation from the Associazone Verace Pizza Napoletano, claimed to be the only genuine one in the UK.
My lad pops in there to keep his spoken Neapolitan dialect up to speed in conversation with the pizzaiolo.

There's a pizza restaurant in Herne Bay that has accreditation from the Associazone Verace Pizza Napoletano, claimed to be the only genuine one in the UK.
My lad pops in there to keep his spoken Neapolitan dialect up to speed in conversation with the pizzaiolo.
That will be A Casa Mia.

It’s on the To Do list but I rarely get down that way.

It got put on the list when I read a review by Marina O’Loughlin. There’s a woman who loves a pizza.

Elegy to the pizza here: A Casa Mia, Herne Bay, Kent: ‘I pine for more’ – restaurant review | Marina O’Loughlin

Last night was roast beef, Dauphinois potatoes and roasted veg - carrots/Brussels sprouts/radish. Onion/mushroom gravy and a glass of Cabernet.

IMG_5050.JPG

Chicken Piccata, with steamed spuds and asparagus. Glass of Moscato with it.

IMG_3796.JPG

Why is there half a hot dog next to the beef?
I can assure you, there will never be a hot dog on my plate. Half, quarter, or otherwise.

It's a (n admittedly large) carrot baton. Check with @Joker62 if that's Chinese to you.

Well, Americans seem to like big, orange buffoons, so stick your baton where it will do you the most good.
My dear chap, I fear we have got off entirely on the wrong foot.

Do you own a backhoe or a bobcat? 'Cause keep digging.

I'm female.
Two Bobcats. A Trackhoe (331E) and a skidsteer (what most people would associate with "a Bobcat" - an S175).

Curious as to what this has to do with a carrot on my dinner plate though.