Tonight I cooked..........

Gave up trying to find my pizza stone and bought a new one. The genuine article, it's 5/8" thick and only $40. Bargain compared with the Mickey Mouse ones.

IMG_6229.JPG

IMG_1323.JPG

Didn't bother with the makings photos, did those the other day. Here's the leftovers :)

IMG_8574.JPG

I have discovered a cracking polish food shop in my town
1. pork lard with cooked onion through it
2. excellent varieties of bread
3. 'White sausage' that means it's raw and needs cooking
4. Polish new spuds
5. a pack of large shelled broad beans.
6. fresh herbs, better than supermarket
182CBE08-8D34-46AA-A3F6-D9719FEEDAB1.jpg

I have discovered a cracking polish food shop in my town
1. pork lard with cooked onion through it
2. excellent varieties of bread
3. 'White sausage' that means it's raw and needs cooking
4. Polish new spuds
5. a pack of large shelled broad beans.
6. fresh herbs, better than supermarket
View attachment 338215
Better than the Polish shops in my town which seem to sell little more than vast quantities of dirt-cheap vodka, super-strength Polish lager and counterfeit cigarettes. All of which appear to be bought at 08:00 and consumed by 10:00 on the benches by the canal

You f'kin heathen, pineapple on a pizza? You're dead to me, dead I say!
Everyone in my family likes it. So much so that of the four pizzas, two were Hawaiian. Dead it is then, it seems.

Where's the PXR on your barbie the other day?

Everyone in my family likes it. So much so that of the four pizzas, two were Hawaiian. Dead it is then, it seems.

Where's the PXR on your barbie the other day?
I was too drunk to take pics. It seems that telling people to arrive anytime after 13:00 doesn't mean around 13:30ish, but closer to 16:00 by which time I'd downed the best part of 8 cans of Stella and the cooking wasn't at it's best anyway.

A couple of years' ago the Italian Ambassador to the Court of St James went on the record in a statement to say that if pineapple is used as a topping, the dish can not , and must not, be called a pizza.
So there it is!
Thus disenfranchising the most popularly available variety in the UK..

Hawaiian pizza - Wikipedia

Not that I give a shite what some Wop diplomat on the gravy train thinks or says. Or a pissed-up BBQ chef :)

I like pineapple on my pizza, and pizza it will be called, too.

A couple of years' ago the Italian Ambassador to the Court of St James went on the record in a statement to say that if a vehicle doesn't rust within a year or fail with dodgy electrics pineapple is used as a topping, the vehicle dish can not , and must not, be called a car pizza.
So there it is!
Same logic from the land of quality and culinary eminence

Some years ago, I took a train in Switzerland from Biel to Berne for the evening and back again.

On the way there, it was an old Swiss train. Probably 30 or 40 years old. But perfectly serviceable, clean, well taken care of. On the way back, it happened to be an Italian train, which was all new looking and shiny, and my ticket was valid on this train. But the internal automatic doors were broken, the plastic trim on the seats was missing on half of them, and it was generally not in good order, despite looking only a year or two old. That summed it up for me. I bet the Swiss train cost an arm and a leg, but it lasted 30 or 40 years and was in good order. The Italian one was probably cheap as chips and poor quality.

Summed it up for me. I've nothing against Italy in general, but shiny does not always equal good. Pineapple is good though :)

Pork ribs, slow cooked with a little chicken stock and apple cider vinegar and the liquid was made into a sticky sweet sauce with honey, brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic and other spices all flashed under the grill. Eaten with butter mashed sweet potato. View attachment 338113
My favourite way of having sweet potato is to peel, wrap in foil with a little bit of olive oil & cumin and roast for an hour.

Thus disenfranchising the most popularly available variety in the UK..

Hawaiian pizza - Wikipedia

Not that I give a shite what some Wop diplomat on the gravy train thinks or says. Or a pissed-up BBQ chef :)

I like pineapple on my pizza, and pizza it will be called, too.
That Hawaiian pizza wiki needs updating - to cook for 18 hours and garnish with grated pumice stone.

Tuesday/Wednesday scoff.

Commie chicken, spuds and greenery.
B7BBE2EC-FF39-4C5D-AFF4-238F8EF7EDAF.jpeg

Friggindelli meatballs and pasta prior to mixing in the parsley, (salad and garlic bread out of shot).
9520B60D-6DE7-4722-A571-B827CCF3164C.jpeg

(Posted both dishes before so kill me)