Tonight I cooked..........

[QUOTE="Roadster280, post: 8616039, member: 11815"

The new house will have an "outside kitchen" - essentially a covered deck 15' x 15' right outside the main kitchen, so I'm thinking about what I want in there. I really don't think Mr Weber is going to make the cut.[/QUOTE]

Boy,do I dream of that ..an outside kitchen!! I think you are right re Mr Weber , though it's useful in my own scenario. Do send pics when you can.
Pv

Finished off the pork braised in chili & beer last night. I'd shredded the remains & put them in the sauce on Saturday before warming though in a saucepan & I swear the flavour was even better than before. Served with various combinations of grated cheddar & mozzarella, pickled jalapenos, pico de gallo salsa, mashed avocado & sour cream with chives & garlic.

No pics as I rolled them up in leftover corn tortillas to scoff & rolled tortillas don't look so interesting.

I watched Jamie Oliver doing his 'sorta salmon nicoise' (link) last night, and fancied something similar for lunch today. I went for steamed paprika chicken and added some Jersey Royals to the beans in his recipe. The dressing is just Greek yogurt with a tapenade of green olives with a bit of seasoning. Really quite tasty and filling.

IMG_1717.jpg

Nasi Goering with chicken sausage, peppers and mushrooms. And the ubiquitous omelette.
View attachment 338092
Interesting what you have done with the fried egg. I used to have an Anglo-Dutch girlfriend and when she cooked Nasi Goreng she used to slide a whole, runny fried egg on top of each portion. I see that you have fried the egg more thoroughly and then cut it up.

Is there any particular "approved" method with the fried egg?

Interesting what you have done with the fried egg. I used to have an Anglo-Dutch girlfriend and when she cooked Nasi Goreng she used to slide a whole, runny fried egg on top of each portion. I see that you have fried the egg more thoroughly and then cut it up.

Is there any particular "approved" method with the fried egg?
It’s an Indonesian thing, you could have mata sapi (cow’s eye) the fried egg, or the omelette approach, which lends itself to being prepared earlier and eaten cold.

Cooked might not be the word but. Moroccan chick pea salad.

IMG_0738.jpg

The neighbours is a Moroccan married to a chap from the Belgian Congo, so a bit of a mixed history.

Chick peas, tomato, red chillies, red onion, olive oil, salt, pepper, basil, mint and Jben, Moroccan cheese on top.

just chuck it into a bowl mix it up and there you are.

Pork ribs, slow cooked with a little chicken stock and apple cider vinegar and the liquid was made into a sticky sweet sauce with honey, brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic and other spices all flashed under the grill. Eaten with butter mashed sweet potato.
IMG_20180613_170043946.jpg

Cooked might not be the word but. Moroccan chick pea salad.

View attachment 338111

The neighbours is a Moroccan married to a chap from the Belgian Congo, so a bit of a mixed history.

Chick peas, tomato, red chillies, red onion, olive oil, salt, pepper, basil, mint and Jben, Moroccan cheese on top.

just chuck it into a bowl mix it up and there you are.
Worth a read. I cooked some dishes for Irainian new year, for, not surprisingly, Iranian friends. They were most impressed
3228E359-23EC-4C62-931B-EDFDE1CE4450.jpeg

Latest Threads