Tonight I cooked..........

Chicken and Parmesan Schnitzel with Bratkartoffeln for a late afternoon lunch. Perfect with a cold beer! :smile:
B0A272BF-A6EB-4298-9897-594C0F107B10.jpeg

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Chicken and Parmesan Schnitzel with Bratkartoffeln for a late afternoon lunch. Perfect with a cold beer! View attachment 335656
I might try that during the week, I take it the parmesan is mixed in with the breadcrumbs?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I might try that during the week, I take it the parmesan is mixed in with the breadcrumbs?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Made by my missus - she says about a third grated Parmesan with two thirds breadcrumbs. Let me know what you think.

Tomorrow.
I'm doing a slow cooked joint of pork in a Bain Marie. Herbs (Sage, mint and Lemon balm) from the garden . These will be slipped under the skin with Garlic and butter.

Cooking on a low heat for at least 4 hours, be served with baby spuds, peas and pan fried Asparagus.

(All the crackling is mine, the family know that if they go near that I'll get all Sluggy on their faces)

Today I cooked, well did a BBQ for miss OBs birthday.

She wanted American food? So we got burgers and franks from the Navy Exchange as well as American chips/crisps and sweets.

Cooked them all ate a few, what a waste of meat and food?

No taste and now with some left wanting to bin the lot.

Bloody kids.

Tuna salad, a banana, and fizzy water.

Now down to 830 calories a day.

Feeling great.

( please kill me )
If there was a sympathy button you'd have it,but once the weight is down and your HbA1c figure improves then it won't be all dieticians telling you what you can and can't eat. Though you will have to be sensible.

Pork chops on a bed of onion with cumin and chili powder, salt and pepper. Tin of chopped Italian tomatos over the lot, lid on and into the corner of a pizza oven for five hours. Bone lifted out leaving the meat behind when done.

To pass the time while it cooked, did a load of flatbread with a sun dried tomato pesto dipping sauce as well as focaccia with sun dried tomatoe pesto, rosemary, garlic and gorgonzola.

Brewer mate at whose establishment it all happened kept me hydrated with his buchu ale.

https://www.zomato.com/hartbeespoort/ale-house-hartbeespoort

And now for something completely different:

Socca pancake made from gram flour & water mixed with fried red onion and sun dried tomatoes in olive oil, topped with rose Harissa yoghurt, pequillo peppers and avocado.

DSCN1993.JPG

And now for something completely different:

Socca pancake made from gram flour & water mixed with fried red onion and sun dried tomatoes in olive oil, topped with rose Harissa yoghurt, pequillo peppers and avocado.

View attachment 335667
Pancake any good? Looks a bit greasy but the topping would work a treat in a pita bread with a grilled peri peri chook breast.

Not been doing much interesting cookery lately, & mostly scoffed too quickly for photos. However family out yesterday so had a bit of reading/modelling/kipping time & made these:

IMG_0217.jpg

It's beef & black bean taco pots. Made up a simple ground beef sauce with black beans cumin, paprika, cayenne, onion, tomato paste & fresh coriander. Cut corn tortillas to fit the hollows in the cake tin, then filled with the beef mixture & baked for about 10 minutes.

They were dished up like this:

IMG_0218.jpg

Served with soured cream, home-made guajillo & chipotle sauce, lettuce, coriander, sweetcorn & red pepper salad with lime & olive oil dressing. I had intended to make guacamole, but the avocado I bought which felt nice & soft in the shop was actually like a turnip inside, so I just chopped it.

Glad to say the taco cups went nice & crispy. I've tried baking them before with no success & can only presume wheat tortillas don't crisp up like this. A recipe I'll be doing again!

Last night's efforts

Brushetta
brushetta 3.jpg

Cote du Boeuf, melted onions, chimmichirra sauce, creamed spinach, chips.
cote3.jpg
cote4.jpg

Last edited:
F1359B0A-F1E3-423E-9D2A-86D3E84DEA20.jpeg

The missus made this last night, so having a bit for lunch.
White chocolate and raspberry chocolate brownie. Lush. A bit of carbo loading before heading off to a mates BBQ later on! :smile:

Couple recent ones.

Ribs:

IMG_0415.JPG

Campfire chicken:

IMG_7502 2.JPG

Dunno why people buy burgers. They're almost always made of shitty ground beef.

Either buy lean ground beef, or grind your own if you have a grinder, and then you can season it the way you like it, from no seasoning at all to adding chopped onion, garlic, bit of pork, whatever. All it needs is a $5 burger press to hugely improve results. Can also make different size burgers, if you've got varying appetites in the group.

I'm no real fan of Frankfurters either, much better wurst out there.