Tonight I cooked..........

EBA66A71-E3F8-412E-9B90-39924C673EA5.jpeg

A bit of cooking involved. Bruschetta, Buffalo Mozerella, roasted tomatoes and a glug of olive oil ‘Eton Mess’ for brekky today. Trust me, it’s fantastic!

Ok, real guess - some kind of fruit press. Is there a spiked dome under the flared handle and the fruit goes between it?

And due to an Arrseoutfall, so to speak, I bought a new kitchen gadget to play with.
This one will be used quite often and won't be lurking in a cupboard for years or seen in a charity shop.

Answers on a postcard to Porkbrain Towers, with a lightly soiled sheet of kitchen paper as first prize.

View attachment 335619
Some sort of veg chopper.

Fish fingers:

Polish sge.jpg

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
And due to an Arrseoutfall, so to speak, I bought a new kitchen gadget to play with.
This one will be used quite often and won't be lurking in a cupboard for years or seen in a charity shop.

Answers on a postcard to Porkbrain Towers, with a lightly soiled sheet of kitchen paper as first prize.

View attachment 335619
It's either for pleasuring ladies or inseminating horses.

Tuna salad, a banana, and fizzy water.

Now down to 830 calories a day.

Feeling great.

( please kill me )
Did you take a look at the slimming world website? All their recipes are online and people contribute their own. You don't have to eat like a yoghurt knitting, mung bean snorting hippy.

Tuna salad, a banana, and fizzy water.

Now down to 830 calories a day.

Feeling great.

( please kill me )
830? Jesus. Are you 4 ft tall or something? If I consume 1700 or less a day, I lose weight. That seems to be my magic number. 830 is just less than half that!

View attachment 335619
Dear Porkbrain Towers

Is it an eggtop chopperofferer.

Dear Porkbrain Towers

Is it an eggtop chopperofferer.
It is indeed, I'd never heard of them till reading an article that mentioned 'egg clackers'.

I like boiled eggs but get a monk on if I manage to get bits of shell in the egg, so this was worth the dosh for a set with two brushed metal egg cups & two scoop shaped spoons.

It works by lifting the white handle against a spring then when it hits the egg the sharp edge inside cuts a fine line in the shell.

Takes two or three goes on a Burford brown which has a thick shell, probably just once required on a thinner shelled egg.

The clacker stacks on top of the cups, which have silicon inserts to grip the egg & hold it in place.

Sequence of pics posted in a forlorn attempt to crash the servers again.

DSCN1982.JPG

DSCN1985.JPG

DSCN1987.JPG

Attachments

Last edited:
Did you take a look at the slimming world website? All their recipes are online and people contribute their own. You don't have to eat like a yoghurt knitting, mung bean snorting hippy.
I have, but I'm not sure what diet I need to beat the diabetes, low carbs probably from what I've read. I like tuna, egg, or chicken salads so I'm sticking to them for now.

Now that is fantastic, a home run in the "most obscure kitchen gadget" stakes :)

It is indeed, I'd never heard of them till reading an article that mentioned 'egg clackers'.

I like boiled eggs but get a monk on if I manage to get bits of shell in the egg, so this was worth the dosh for a set with two brushed egg cups & two scoop shaped spoons.

It works by lifting the white handle against a spring then when it hits the egg the sharp edge inside cuts a fine line in the shell.

Takes two or three goes on a Burford brown which has a thick shell, probably just once required on a thinner shelled egg.

The clacker stacks on top of the cups, which have silicon inserts to grip the egg & hold it in place.

View attachment 335647

View attachment 335648
View attachment 335649
To be honest I’m strangely disappointed - I preferred @Sixty’s version.

Slimming world drummers....skinless, lush, who needs KFC.

slimming world drummers.JPG

I'm sure that it could also be used for both those scenarios - though it would be followed by a loud 'ouch!' when the spring is released.
I'm also sure that those batting for the other side should be warned that it isn't really a sex toy.....sticking your knob in that would have hilarious results!

I like boiled eggs but get a monk on if I manage to get bits of shell in the egg, so this was worth the dosh for a set with two brushed metal egg cups & two scoop shaped spoons.

View attachment 335647

View attachment 335648
View attachment 335649
Show again, with 'soldiers'...FFS, this is ARRSE!